Welcome to our YeaDesktop Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
No one likes online ads – they are pesky and irritating and tend to heavily obstruct the browsing experience of the user. However, if a website has a lot of ads integrated within its pages, the user can simply choose not to visit the said site again, so the adverts would no longer bother them. However, what can one do if there are intrusive banners, box messages and pop-ups on every browser page and tab regardless of the site that is visited? This is basically what happens when there is an Adware program installed on the computer. If you have such an application on your PC, then you are bound to notice all sorts of unpleasant advertising materials in your Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge browser and no matter how hard you try to get rid of them, they would always come back to nag you. Here, we will be talking about one such program called YeaDesktop Virus that is known to display this sort of unpleasant behavior by invading the user’s browser and flooding it with all kinds of intrusive content, which is not only extremely unpleasant but could also potentially expose one’s PC to various security risks.
The Pay-Per-Click model
A lot of you are probably familiar with the so-called Pay-Per-Click method that translates clicks into currency. This model for earning money is basically the main reason for the very existence of programs like YeaDesktop Virus . Through the adverts that Adware displays, its developers are able to generate significant amounts of money as long as they make it so that their products get installed onto enough computers. Most Adware programs lack any actual form of useful function that would make them worth keeping on your computer, which is why the majority of users normally want to uninstall those applications. There are examples where a program that has traits similar to those of Adware does actually provide the user with helpful features and only has the ads as a means to financially support its creators while at the same time being distributed for free. The thing is that this is not how things normally are. As we already mentioned, most Adware programs are primarily made to serve the needs of the people who develop them while remaining pretty much useless as far as the people who have them on their computers are concerned.
Can Adware be harmful?
YeaDesktop Virus is not a real computer virus even though programs like it are often seen as a sort of malware. If your system gets infected by Ransomware, your files will get encrypted and you will be blackmailed into paying ransom in order to have them back and if a Trojan horse attacks your computer it could render the machine completely unusable. In contrast to that, an Adware program is more of a nuisance than an actual hazardous piece of malware.
Nonetheless, we still strongly advise those of you who have YeaDesktop Virus on their PC to see to its removal because even if it isn’t a noxious Ransomware virus, it is still a potentially unwanted program. The banners and pop-ups displayed by Adware are not only annoying but they might also be hazardous depending on what advertising network they are coming from. It is crucial that you keep away from those ads or you might end up getting redirected to some random website that could expose your machine to danger. Should the Adware manage to redirect your browser to any page that you did not want to visit, be sure to leave this page as soon as it opens.
How can YeaDesktop Virus make it into your PC?
Various techniques and methods are used for the distribution of Adware. Usually, the employed methods include some form of spam, social engineering, aggressive and misleading advertising, etc. Common ways through which users unwillingly get Adware installed onto their machines are by opening a file attachment or a web-link added to a spam message or by interacting with some obscure and deceitful online ad, offer or a fake browser warning. One other very popular method is what the IT community refers to as program/file bundling. This is when the unwanted program, in this case YeaDesktop Virus , is incorporated within another program’s installer. Most users tend to disregard most of what is given to them as information or customization settings within the setup menus of software that they are about to install. Adware developers prey on that by bundling their products with other free applications and once that other program gets installed, the ad-generating software gets inside the PC as well. Avoiding this, however, is rather easy and it is a simple matter of being vigilant and paying attention to what you are actually installing. If, for example, you see that there is an optional install within the setup menu, it is probably a good idea to look that up and see what the results have to show. If it turns out that you cannot be certain regarding how safe that added install is, unchecking it from the setup menu before moving on with the installation is the best way to go.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||The intrusive ads are the primary symptom. Other possible indications of Adware are increased use of system resources and PC slow-down.|
|Distribution Method||Spam messages sent to your email account or your profiles on most social networks, bundling to other programs, misleading Internet ads and deceptive online offers or warnings.|
YeaDesktop Virus Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot YeaDesktop Virus , search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name YeaDesktop Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name YeaDesktop Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by YeaDesktop Virus , right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.