Hogwarts Legacy on MacBook
Can You Play Hogwarts Legacy on a MacBook
Hogwarts Legacy is not supported on MacBooks or any MacOS system. Currently, the only playable method is through a Cloud Gaming Service. Cloud gaming allows you to play Hogwarts Legacy on any MacBook Air or MacBook Pro through remote hardware that streams the video content. But is it worth it?
How To Play Hogwarts Legacy on MacBook?
Boosteroid is the only cloud gaming service that currently supports Hogwarts Legacy in their library. Other methods, such as Bootcamp and OneCast, should work in theory, but for most users, they are useless. To use any cloud gaming service, you need a good internet connection. Keep in mind that this is a paid service with a monthly price ranging from $7 to $9.50 per month.
Our Experience with Boosteroid
Tested Hardware – Macbook air M1
We got a contestant frame rate of 60 FPS and just a moments of noticeable lag out of 4 hours of gameplay. The only thing we would have liked is that the image quality was a little better.
Play Hogwarts Legacy with Boosteroid
- First you need to sign up
- Check Internet speed – (icon in the top right)
- Go to the Steam website to buy the game
- Return to Boosteroid and search for – Hogwarts Legacy
- Click Install and Play
- Subscribe to Service
Is Hogwarts Legacy Free to Play?
No, the game is not free to play, but that’s good news since the business model of such games would most certainly ruin the game experience.
The short answer is Yes. Keep in mind that this game is graphically intensive and in reality it won’t run at a decent frame rate unless you are using the highest tier iMac Pro with a dedicated video card. You will also need 200GB of free space for creating a windows environment and installing the game.
The game does not run in Parallels because it lacks DirectX 12 support
The game does not run in Cross Over because it lacks DirectX 12 support as well.
This method seems to work, but for those who don’t have an Xbox on hand, this method won’t work for you.
GeForce Now does not support Hogwarts Legacy for the moment.
Is Hogwarts Legacy Multiplayer?
No, Hogwarts Legacy is no a multiplayer game even though a co-op would be amazing to play in this immersive magical world.
Which Harry Potter games are available for Macbook
There are several Harry Potter games that are available for Mac computers. Here are some of them:
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 – This is a LEGO-themed game that covers the events of the first four books/movies in the Harry Potter series.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 – This is the second LEGO-themed game in the series and covers the events of the last three books/movies in the Harry Potter series.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – This is an action-adventure game that follows the events of the second book/movie in the Harry Potter series.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – This is another action-adventure game that follows the events of the third book/movie in the Harry Potter series.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – This is an action-adventure game that follows the events of the fourth book/movie in the Harry Potter series.
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix – This is another action-adventure game that follows the events of the fifth book/movie in the Harry Potter series.
All of these games can be purchased on the Mac App Store or other gaming platforms. However, if you’re specifically looking for Hogwarts Legacy, your best bet is to use a cloud gaming service like Boosteroid.
What you need to know before buying any Harry Potter series game for Mac
If you’re a Mac user who enjoys Harry Potter video games, there are a few other things you might find useful:
- Steam: Steam is a popular gaming platform that offers a large selection of games for Mac, including many Harry Potter titles. It also has a built-in community, so you can connect with other gamers and share your experiences.
- Gamepads: Many Harry Potter games were designed for consoles, so playing them on a Mac with a keyboard and mouse can be a bit awkward. If you prefer a more console-like experience, you might want to consider getting a gamepad or controller that’s compatible with your Mac.
- Emulators: If you’re interested in playing some of the older Harry Potter games that were released for consoles like the Nintendo GameCube or the PlayStation 2, you might be able to do so using an emulator. Emulators allow you to run console games on your Mac, but they can be a bit tricky to set up, so be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
- Modding: Many Harry Potter games have active modding communities, which means that players create their own mods that add new content or modify existing elements of the game. If you’re interested in trying out some mods, be sure to do your research and follow the installation instructions carefully to avoid any technical issues.
- System requirements: When buying or downloading a Harry Potter game for your Mac, be sure to check the system requirements to ensure that your computer can run the game smoothly. Some of the newer games in the series can be quite demanding, so you might need to upgrade your hardware to get the best experience.
Leave a Reply