Revealing Hidden Files and Folders Guide
Revealing hidden files and folders guide
Often times, unwanted programs conceal their files be making them hidden. Also, for troubleshooting certain problems with your PC, you’d need to access certain system files that are hidden by Windows and revealing them is necessary Therefore, if you are currently dealing with some sort of a problematic software or a problem wit corrupted system data, it is advisable that you make any hidden files on your PC visible. Here is a brief guide on how you can do that. The instructions below are similar for most versions of Windows.
- Go to any folder on your PC and press the Alt button from your keyboard.
- A menu should appear at the top. Go to Tools and from the drop-down list select Folder Options.
- Go to the section labeled View and scroll down until you find a setting named Show Hidden files, folders and drives.
- Check the setting and select OK.
Now, all hidden files on your PC will be visible. Their icons will appear transparent which indicates that they are invisible when the Show Hidden files, folders and drives option is not enabled. If you want to hide those files again, simply go back to the Folder Options window and this time check the Don’t show Hidden files, folders and drives option. If you want to hide a certain file or folder so that other people cannot see it, here is what you need to do:
- Right click on the file or folder that you want to make invisible.
- Select Properties.
- In the resulting window, check the box next the option labeled Hidden.
- Click on OK and press the F5 key on your keyboard – this will refresh Windows Explorer and the file you wantet to kide will now be invisible unless the setting Show Hidden files, folders and drives has been enabled (in which case, the file would appear transparent).
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.