What is Vidplayy.com? (Vidplayy Virus Text Removal)
Welcome to our Vidplayy.com Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
In case that you are not able to use your browser normally and the reason for that are some strange modifications that have taken place in its homepage or search engine, then you have most probably been invaded by a browser hijacker. Vidplayy.com Virus is one such program and if it finds its way inside your machine it usually makes your Chrome, Explorer, Firefox (or any other browser, which you are using by default) display dozens of ads, installs some new toolbars, redirects your searches and changes your settings without your approval. This activity can cause a major disturbance to your normal web surfing but, fortunately, you can easily uninstall the program from your machine and remove all of its modifications. Getting rid of the browser hijacker is no rocket science, however, it may be a bit tricky, that’s why, in the next lines, our team has prepared a removal guide, which can help you detect and delete the related hijacker files. Just make sure you first carefully read the information below to gain a better understanding of Vidplayy.com Virus and then proceed to the instructions.
Vidplayy.com Virus – what is this program and how does it work?
Programs like Vidplayy.com Virus are usually referred to as browser hijackers. Such programs typically mess with the users’ default browser settings by replacing or installing some new toolbars, search engines, or ad-generating components and ensure that the users get redirected to a wide variety of ads every time they browse the web. These activities are not seen as illegal, however, they have the potential to cause some serious browsing disturbance and prevent people from using their browser normally. That’s why a lot of users prefer to uninstall the browser hijackers and remove the nagging modifications.
The people, who create such software, however, have a vested interest for the browser hijacker to stay as long as possible on your computer and to redirect you to various ads, pop-ups, new tabs, promotional pages and sponsored notifications. The reason for that is that every time you click on some of the displayed ads, the developers earn some profits thanks to methods like Pay-Per-Click. That’s why they program Vidplayy.com Virus and any similar software to literally bombard you with all types of intrusive advertising messages with the idea to generate profits from your clicks. The people, who have to endure the constant browsing disturbance, however, can easily get angry with the browser hijacker, since, apart from its intrusive ad-generation, browser changes and redirects, it hardly can bring them any actual benefit, which can compensate the disturbance. That’s why, they often refer to it as nagging, invasive and potentially unwanted piece of software.
Vidplayy.com Virus looks like a virus, could it be one?
Thanks to its intrusive activity, Vidplayy.com Virus may often get mistaken for a virus or some other type of a malware similar to Trojans, Ransomware or Spyware. However, neither Vidplayy.com Virus, nor any other browser hijacking program can be as hazardous as a real virus or a real Trojan-Ransomware based threat. This type of software is considered as relatively harmless by most of the security experts. It, cannot actually cause a serious computer malfunction or some form of corruption, therefore it is not classified as malicious. In the worst case scenario, Vidplayy.com Virus may only take over your default browser and make it behave strangely by using it for displaying aggressive ads and redirecting you to various unfamiliar pages. This can surely interrupt your normal web activity, but it will not directly harm your system in any way.
Still, we wouldn’t be fully honest if we didn’t mention the eventual issues, which you may face if Vidplayy.com Virus operates for too long on your machine. Even though such a program does not pose a direct risk for your system, it may still be used as a gate for some malware to infect you. Nowadays, malicious infections use different creative methods to contaminate and attack the unsuspecting online users, that’s why, even harmless looking ads, pop-ups and randomly generated offers cannot be trusted. You may eventually happen to click on some misleading or infected ad, which may silently sneak inside the wall of ads you are exposed to, and this way you may get redirected to illegal sites full of nasty viruses. Such risks you can never predict, that’s why, it is not a good idea to interact much with all the pop-ups that this hijacker generates, even when it comes to closing them. The best would be to simply remove the browser hijacker and make all of its nagging activities disappear. You can easily do that if you follow the steps in the removal guide below, because it is specially designed to help you clean your system from Vidplayy.com Virus. Use its instructions, and if you need any help, let us know in the comment section below.
Vidplayy.com Virus Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Vidplayy.com Virus, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Vidplayy.com Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Vidplayy.com Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Vidplayy.com Virus, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.