RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 Removal (Chrome/FF/IE)
Welcome to our RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Ads, banners, pop-ups and various nagging sponsored messages is all that you can see in your browser when RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 invades it. This program is an adware piece of software, which tends to incorporate with all the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Explorer but even the not so popular ones may also become its target. Recently, we received multiple reports from affected users, whose browsing has been heavily disturbed by the activity of RocketTab Powered by Xt-2, and knowing how frustrating it could be to constantly deal with the unstoppable flow of blinking boxes on your screen, on this page, we will do our best to help you remove this disturbance. Adware is generally not that dangerous and hard to get rid of, but it certainly has some specifics, which may make its complete uninstallation a bit tricky. That’s why, we have assembled a detailed removal guide, which if followed strictly, can help anyone deal with RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 and eliminate all of its advertisements in just a few clicks. However, before you move down to the removal instructions, we suggest you first read the information that follows and gain a better understanding of the nature of this type of software.
The nature of the adware and its purpose
Profit through ads is what can perfectly describe the purpose of programs like RocketTab Powered by Xt-2. These pieces of software are created with only one aim – to advertise as much as possible! They can take over your browser and flood it with various popping messages, ads, offers, promotions, blinking boxes, links and all sorts of advertising materials. The reason? Profit, profit, and again profit! As you probably know, online advertising is a big business, what you may not know, though, is that adware programs play a major role in it. Pieces like RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 are commonly incorporated in revenue gaining schemes like Pay-Per-Click or some sponsored advertisement positioning, where each and every click from the users brings a small amount of money to the people who own the adware. Different vendors, marketers, and service providers also make the most of this software by using it to aggressively display certain ads directly on the users’ screens and prompt the people to click on them in an attempt to make a sale. However, the intrusive advertising approach they use has gained the adware the fame of potentially unwanted software, which a lot of users would like to remove.
Things to keep in mind when dealing with adware
If you have RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 on your system, you will most probably face certain issues, which may make you decide to uninstall it. A lot of users report that after the adware has taken over their browser, they are not able to use it properly because their normal web activity is constantly interrupted by dozens of unstoppable ads, pop-ups, boxes and banners. What is more, when they attempt to close some of the popping messages by clicking on the “X” button, instead of getting rid of them, the users get redirected to certain web locations full of more nagging ads. Such activity can not only be very irritating, but may eventually expose your machine to some security hazards such as viruses, or even nastier infections like Trojans, Ransomware and Spyware, which may be lurking inside some misleading ads or infected pages. That’s why most security experts, including our team, strongly advise against clicking or interacting with the content, which the adware generates. After all, the risk of getting redirected to potentially harmful web locations and shady sites is really not worth it. Another thing that a lot of people find disturbing is the ability of the adware to gather information from their browsing history and recent web activity and transmit it back to its developers or some other interested parties, which can later use it for various marketing purposes or some other aggressive advertising campaigns.
Can RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 harm your system?
After mentioning the potential issues and security hazards, which pieces like RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 may eventually be related to, we need to clarify the level of harmfulness of this software. Fortunately, adware, on its own, does not have malicious capabilities and cannot cause serious harm to your computer. Due to its rather irritating behavior, htough, a lot of users may mistake it for a virus and refer to it as a threat. But this is not a true assumption. In reality, this type of software greatly differs from a real computer threat. Typical malware (such as viruses, Ransomware, Trojans, etc.) is programmed to execute certain harmful and illegal activities on the infected computer, while adware, despite being very irritating and aggressive in its ad-generation activity, does not contain a harmful script, which can cause damage to your system. This makes it relatively harmless and a lot of security experts don’t consider it a major threat to your machine. Still, if you want to remove it, you can easily do that. Just follow the steps in the guide below and after a few clicks you will be adware-free.
RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot RocketTab Powered by Xt-2, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name RocketTab Powered by Xt-2 might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by RocketTab Powered by Xt-2, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.