Welcome to our Similar Photo Cleaner removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
This page aims to help you remove Similar Photo Cleaner. Our removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
Have you recently been experiencing annoying automatic page-redirects to different sites? Has your Chrome, Firefox or Explorer browser started to behave strangely and to flood your screen with hard-to-remove ads, pop-ups, banners and new tabs? If yes, then most probably you have unknowingly installed a browser hijacker like Similar Photo Cleaner on your system. This type of software, despite sounding a bit scary, isn’t inherently malicious Ransomware or Trojans. Still, many users complain about its aggressive behavior and seek ways to have such apps removed from their machines. That’s why, on this page, we will show you how to safely detect and uninstall the browser hijacker from your system. What is more, with the help of the instructions in the removal guide below, we will show you how to permanently remove all the associated ads and pop-ups as well as any other potentially unwanted changes to your browser such as unfamiliar homepage or search engine replacements, new toolbars installations, etc. Do not worry if you are not an experienced computer user because, within the removal guide, you will find a step-by-step manual with detailed screenshots as well as an automatic Similar Photo Cleaner removal tool for professional assistance, which can scan your system and eliminate this and other questionable applications without any risk for your OS.
What issues may Similar Photo Cleaner create while operating inside your PC?
Once you become a target of this software, you web browser (be it Mozilla, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE or another one) will start to display different pay-per-click ads and will redirect your searches to different sponsored websites, platforms and links that seek to boost their traffic and clicks. This constant ad-streaming activity could be very annoying and even frustrating which is why we usually recommend that our readers have the hijacker uninstalled.
Similar Photo Cleaner is a stubborn browser hijacker application, which may become part of your system if you install software bundles without paying close attention to their setup settings. Typically, most people install the hijacker by default along with some other free applications, add-ons, plugins or updates, because it rarely asks for a separate permission. Luckily, the creators of such software rarely (if ever) use it for malicious purposes. Instead, the usual purpose of a hijacker app is to make money from the clicks that users make on the paid ads generated by the pesky application.
Unlike viruses like stealthy Trojans, Spyware or Ransomware, it is really easy to spot the hijacker as it will most likely start opening ads in new tabs automatically every time you try to search for something on your web browser or attempt to visit your favorite websites. Additional irritation may be caused when you try to look something up using your search engine, only to find out that your search queries are getting rerouted to some unknown websites. Such an activity is not malicious but it may prevent you from browsing the web normally and may cause unresponsiveness to the affected browser. That’s why the best way to get rid of all this is to remove Similar Photo Cleaner and reset your default browser’s settings.
Similar Photo Cleaner Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Similar Photo Cleaner, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Similar Photo Cleaner on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Similar Photo Cleaner might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Similar Photo Cleaner, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.