How to remove FANLI90.CN “Virus” ( for Chrome/Firefox)
Welcome to our FANLI90.CN “Virus” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
FANLI90.CN “Virus” is a browser hijacking program that has the potential to drive you nuts. If you’ve had a close encounter with this program, then you most probably know what we mean. The homepage or the search engine of your default browser has probably been mysteriously substituted by some unfamiliar one and now every time you search something on the web, you get redirected to dozens of aggressively popping promotional pages and ads. All of the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Explorer or any other could be affected by this intrusive activity, and the only sure way to get rid of it is to uninstall the browser hijacker. This is what we are going to show you in the next lines, so if you landed on this page to remove FANLI90.CN “Virus”, this is the place to be.
Is your system at risk if you have FANLI90.CN “Virus” on it?
As a typical browser hijacker, FANLI90.CN “Virus” does not represent much of a security risk to your machine. Fortunately, this type of software does not aim to perform anything malicious or harm your system in any way. It basically serves as an online advertising tool, which displays Pay-Per-Click advertisements and sponsored web pages. Its owners usually profit from your clicks every time you get redirected to some promotional sites, ads, products or services and the main goal of the browser hijacker is to expose you to more of them. That’s it. No virus infection, no system corruption or anything of the sort. So even if your browser has been invaded by FANLI90.CN “Virus”, nothing harmful or malicious would happen to your PC. This won’t be the case if you get infected with a nasty virus or some other serious threat like a Trojan horse or Ransomware, which would surely corrupt your files, destroy your system or initiate some other criminal deeds on your machine. So you are basically lucky that you’ve got the browser hijacker rather than one of these bad guys.
However, the browsing related disturbance and the possible irritation that a program like FANLI90.CN “Virus” may create, could be a serious reason for some users to remove it from their computers. Basically, the source of the irritation could be the huge amount of advertisements that the users may be exposed to. Different pop-ups, ads, banners, links, notifications, new tabs and unfamiliar pages may keep coming up every now and then and interrupt the users’ normal browsing, this way causing a huge inconvenience. The unauthorized changes in the browser’s homepage, search engine or default settings may also prevent them from using their Chrome or Firefox the way they are used to. Moreover, as a result of these changes, their browser may become unresponsive to their searches and start to redirect them to various unknown websites and promotional tabs. Apart from being quite aggressive, these randomly popping ads may even hide some security risks such as viruses, compromised or illegal web locations where threats like Trojans or Ransomware may hide. That’s why most security experts would advise you to avoid clicking on them, or even better, simply uninstall the browser hijacker that displays them.
How to protect your system
Browser hijackers are encountered almost everywhere on the web. You’ve probably got FANLI90.CN “Virus” on your computer in one of the following ways. You either clicked on some spam email offer, attachment, direct web download link or online installation manager or you downloaded and installed some new software bundle on your PC. You could have got it from a torrent site, freeware or shareware platform where mostly free app installers are available. The reason that you didn’t notice the presence of the browser hijacker during the installation is that you most probably installed your desired software through the “Standard/Quick” option, without reading the EULA or checking if there is some additional program coming along in the bundle. This is a common mistake that often results in the installation of a bunch of potentially unwanted programs on the users’ system. You can easily prevent that if you closely check every installer with the help of the “Advanced/Custom” option, which is usually available for manual installation.
Now, since you obviously skipped that option, you will need to deal with the browser hijacker and remove it from your machine. Fortunately, you don’t have to have any special computer skills for that. The only thing you need to do is to strictly follow the instructions in the removal guide below and detect and delete FANLI90.CN “Virus”. This will save you from the entire browsing disturbance completely.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Some undesired changes may take place in your browser’s homepage or search engine, your searches may get redirected to new tabs, ads, pop-ups and promotional pages.|
|Distribution Method||Spam emails, software bundles, freeware platforms, shareware sites, torrents, installation managers, direct downloads, links.|
How to remove FANLI90.CN
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot FANLI90.CN “Virus”, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name FANLI90.CN “Virus” on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name FANLI90.CN “Virus” might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by FANLI90.CN “Virus”, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.