Welcome to our Drmkpro64.sys Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
An Adware program such as Drmkpro64.sys Virus is basically a piece of software that has been developed with the sole purpose of generating ads and earning income through internet marketing. If you have landed this program, you’ve more than likely already noticed that your Chrome, IE, Firefox or any other browser that you might be using has been invaded by all sorts of irritating advertising materials such as banners, box messages, poo-ups, etc. This could be both extremely frustrating and also potentially hazardous in some cases. The bottom line is, Adware programs like Drmkpro64.sys Virus are generally considered unwanted and it is best to remove them if you notice that one such program has made its way inside your machine. Here, we will help you do that in case that you are struggling with Drmkpro64.sys Virus by giving you a detailed guide manual on how to uninstall the nagging software and get rid of everything that it might have left behind on your computer. However, prior to going to the removal guide, you are advised to carefully read the next few paragraphs in order to better acquaint yourself with the specifics of Adware programs so that you know how to effectively deal with them in the future.
Those three words basically represent the reason why Adware programs get created in the first place. As we already mentioned earlier, a typical Adware is nothing more than an application that generates online ads and gains revenue through them. A small amount of money is earned for every click that an Adware-generated ad receives. In order to ensure that more and more ads are receiving clicks, Adware applications keep on generating adverts and displaying them onto the user’s screen as long as the browser remains open. This is, obviously, extremely obstructive and annoying and can be a real pain in the neck. Additionally, most programs of this type are utterly useless as far as the regular user is concerned. They hardly ever posses any valuable function/feature that would make them worth keeping on the computer.
An Adware program is not a PC virus. Although Drmkpro64.sys might seem quite unnerving at first, for the most part it won’t cause any harm to your system. For instance, actual malware like a Ransomware virus can lock all your personal data and later blackmail you into paying a ransom to get your files back. Another good example would be a Trojan horse that can corrupt important OS files and thus make your system unstable and sometimes your whole PC unusable. In contrast to that, simple Adware isn’t usually capable of causing any actual harm on its own. Another major difference between viruses and Adware is that, while the former are always forbidden by the law, the latter are oftentimes legal and legitimate pieces of software. There are in fact big and well-known companies that have developed applications, which possessed certain traits similar to those of an Adware program.
Remember how we said that Adware probably cannot damage your machine on its own? Well, Drmkpro64.sys Virus might not be harmful but some of the ads it generates may not be all that safe. It is not unheard of that an Adware-generated banner or pop-up has redirected the user to some shady and potentially hazardous website with sketchy contents. Generally, you should do your best to avoid the adverts and try not to interact with them no matter how annoying they get or else you might end up landing some other unwanted piece of software or even a dangerous virus like a Trojan horse or Ransomware.
Surely, you don’t want to have another Drmkpro64.sys Virus-like program installed on your computer in the future. To help you protect your system and prevent any shady applications from making it inside your PC, we have prepared a couple of tips that you’d need to remember and use from now on.
- Sketchy online banners and pop-ups or shady web-offers are a common Adware distribution technique. We advise you to stay away from sites that contain such materials and should you still end up on some obscure web address that has a lot of ads and frequently redirects your browser, be sure to leave it and don’t go back there.
- Your e-mail is an obvious target for spam messages that could carry potentially unwanted programs the likes of Drmkpro64.sys Virus. Most spam letters get filtered and sent to the spam folder but you are still advised to be watchful and careful when opening any new messages. If anything looks suspicious, just stay away from it.
- Anti-malware programs can greatly help you when it comes to preventing Adware from getting installed in your system. Getting one such program will surely reduce the chances of you landing some unpleasant program.
- You must always be fully aware of what is going to get installed onto your computer when you’re setting up the installation of a new program. By that we mean that you must make sure to check the installation wizard and see if there aren’t any potentially unwanted programs bundled with the main piece of software. If you indeed find out that there’s something fishy that has been added to the installer, be sure to remove the tick from its checkbox so as to leave it out.
How to Remove Drmkpro64.sys Virus
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Drmkpro64.sys Virus, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Drmkpro64.sys Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Drmkpro64.sys Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Drmkpro64.sys Virus, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.