Welcome to our Kyubey.exe Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Kyubey.exe Virus is commonly referred to as a virus, but is this program really a dangerous one? On this page, we are going to give you some more details about what exactly this piece of software is, how it may affect your computer and how to effectively remove it, if you really want to get rid of all of its annoying activities. We will start off by saying that Kyubey.exe Virus falls in the category of browser hijackers. This means that this program is capable of imposing certain changes to your browser, such as homepage or search engine replacements, sudden page redirects, new toolbar installations and generation of hundreds of advertisements. If your Chrome, Firefox or other default browser has been suddenly hijacked by it, then the removal guide below is dedicated to showing you how to uninstall Kyubey.exe Virus and remove all of its changes. Fortunately, this is not as complex as the removal of a virus, a Trojan or Ransomware threat, so we believe that once you read the information that follows, you will easily manage with the given instructions.
Browser hijackers – what kind of programs are they?
If you face the term browser hijacker for the first time than you probably have no idea whether this is something malicious or not. Fortunately, we have some good news for you. The browser hijackers are non-malicious programs and are not classified as computer viruses or any other type of malware like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, etc. These pieces of software are generally used as online advertising tools, but they are often referred to as potentially unwanted. Their activity is related to a rather aggressive marketing approach which involves the modification of the users’ default browser settings and the uncontrollable generation of Pay-Per-Click advertisements, different sponsored messages, promotions and web pages. If you have Kyubey.exe Virus on your PC, then this is the most common disturbance that you are probably facing with this program. What is a bit alarming tough is that the browser hijacker may impose these modifications and ads without your approval and this is what has gained this software the fame of intrusive and annoying one. Many users, who are forced to endure its activity, even decide to fully uninstall it from their system. In fact, this is the only effective way to remove all the unauthorized changes and annoying ads from their screen.
How can this software get inside your machine?
As strange as it may sound, Kyubey.exe Virus or any other browser hijacker usually gets installed on the computer with the active assistance of the users. However, in most of the cases, they are not clearly notified about this installation. This happens thanks to one tricky method known as program bundling. Browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs like adware and bloatware commonly get distributed and installed on the peoples’ machines thanks to different software packages (aka bundles), which the users really want to install. These packages usually contain some free program, an attractive application, a game, or some useful piece of software, which promises the users some free functionality, but usually comes along with another program like Kyubey.exe Virus . Such bundles could be found mostly on different platforms for free software distribution, file sharing, torrent sites, spam messages, and emails or free downloads from the web. If users skip reading the EULA in the first place, and don’t pay close attention to options like “Advanced” or “Custom” during the setup itself, they will most probably not be clearly notified about the full list of programs that the given bundle contains and will end up installing the full package by default.
What issues may Kyubey.exe Virus cause?
Apart from messing up your browser, making it unresponsive to your searches and causing frequent browsing redirects and ads interruptions, Kyubey.exe Virus may also be used to track your online activity. This is usually done for marketing purposes, because the “traffic data” that the browser hijacker collects, can be effectively used by the advertisers to learn more about your interests and latest searches. Naturally, this can help them advertise more of their products and services and target them according to the individual users’ search queries. However, this can be disturbing to some extent, and some people may even consider it a privacy invasion, which gives them enough reasons to uninstall the browser hijacker from their system. Not only that, but Kyubey.exe Virus may also affect the normal performance of their computer. Its constant ad-generating activity usually consumes a lot of system resources and can cause some system lags, screen freezing or sudden crashes, which may decrease not only the online experience but the overall performance of the PC.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||This program is capable of imposing certain changes to your browser such as homepage or search engine replacements, sudden page redirects, new toolbars installation and generation of hundreds of advertisements.|
|Distribution Method||Software bundles, different platforms for free software distribution, file sharing, torrent sites, spam messages, and emails or free downloads from the web.|
Kyubey.exe Virus Removal
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Kyubey.exe Virus , search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Kyubey.exe Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Kyubey.exe Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Kyubey.exe Virus , right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.