Welcome to our “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Browser hijackers can be a particularly irritating annoyance if you got one such on your PC. Luckily, removing a hijacker isn’t rocket science and as long as you have a general idea about what you are doing, you should be able to get rid of it in a matter of minutes. Down below, we will go over the main characteristics of this software category as well as provide you with a removal guide for “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec”. “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” is a browser page redirect that shares a lot of similar traits with the typical browser hijacker programs which is why we believe that it can be categorized as one. “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” is said to be able to alter the appearance of your browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, Edge or any other) by replacing its homepage, new-tab page or search engine as well as causing sudden and unwanted page redirects. Such behavior can drastically decrease the overall quality of your online experience and your ability to effectively use your browser. In addition, some hijackers are also known to display intrusive web-ads on the user’s screen such as pop-ups, banners, box messages and other similar obstructive promotional content. Because of all this, most users and researchers deem hijackers to be what is known as PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). If you are currently dealing with “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec”, you most likely want to have it removed from your computer which is why, as we already mentioned, we have prepared a removal guide manual to help you with this task. Additionally, you can also use the anti-malware tool offered on this page a it can also aid you with the removal of the nagging page-redirect.
What is a browser-redirect used for?
Obviously, the main purpose of those nagging pieces of software is related to the online advertising industry. A browser-redirect/hijacker practically is a tool for gaining revenue though a number of web-advertising methods that the application is able to utilize. Such a redirect can be used to promote different sites, online services, web stores and even software products. Naturally, the creators of the hijacker gets financially compensated for advertising a developer’s products which is basically the whole point of those hijacker tools. However, in terms of whether of actual functionality of hijackers, the truth is that in the majority of cases, a pager redirect like “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” wouldn’t really provide you with any real use. Some hijackers claim to be able to improve one’s online experience by making it safer, faster or more efficient but, as we already mentioned, most of the time the effect is exactly the opposite.
Other issues with browser hijackers
Something that we first need to get out of the way is the question whether or not hijackers and page redirects are to be regarded as malware viruses. The answer to that should typically be no – browser hijackers aren’t some sort of malicious and harmful PC viruses the likes of Ransomware, Spyware, Trojan Horses or some other form of dangerous and illegal software. A hijacker wouldn’t really try to cause any harm to your system as this isn’t its purpose. That said, there are still certain issues that you might face with this sort of software (apart from the ones that we already mentioned). For instance, some of the ads that a hijacker could potentially generate inside the user’s browser might not be safe. Typically, the developers of hijackers aren’t responsible for the reliability of the advertising content that their products display. Therefore, there’s always the chance that you land on some shady page or open download some unreliable (and potentially unwanted) piece of software if you interact with the ads, banners, pop-ups and pages that a page redirect like “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” might open on your PC. Due to this, we advise you to keep away from anything that you think might be coming from the hijacker and make sure to get rid of the annoyance ASAP.
Avoiding page redirects in future
Most of the time, it is the users’ lack of care and attention that lands them such unpleasant browser redirects. In order to stay away from such intrusive software and in order to avoid getting it installed on your computer, you need to be extra careful when browsing the World Wide Web. Make sure to avoid interaction with any suspicious links, ads from sketchy sites, email messages with shady attachments and any other questionable-looking web content. This will not only help you against hijackers but will also keep your PC better protected against real threats like malicious Ransomware viruses and Trojan Horses. Aside from that, you must also be careful when installing any new programs on your computer – always make sure to use the customization settings in the setup menu in order to leave out of the installation process any bundled applications added to the main program as this is yet another very popular and commonly-used method for distributing potentially unwanted software.
Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
Click here to download
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec”, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec” might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by “Internet Security Alert Code 055bccac9fec”, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.