Welcome to our Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Browser hijackers certainly aren’t among the most desirable pieces of software out there. In fact, their presence can sometimes startle users and cause panic, because most times – it’s never expected. Today we’ll be describing the behavioral patterns of a certain representative of this particular software category – Apple-kungfu.com “Virus”. We’re guess that you’ve found your way to our page due to an infection with this exact program. And we can’t blame you if its appearance startled you, as well. All the typical changes that your Chrome, Firefox, Edge or other browser undergoes as a result of Apple-kungfu.com “Virus”’s integration with it can certainly come as a surprise. Just like many other users, you probably opened your browser to find that the familiar homepage has been replaced with a new one and your search requests are now being redirected by a new default search engine to various ads and sponsored pages. Well, not to worry, because here we will show you just the thing to fix this situation and remove all the undesired changes. Our detailed removal guide will provide all the necessary instructions, but do finish reading this article before you head down to the guide.
What is a browser hijacker and what does it want from me?
Well, let’s start with the second part of the question: frankly, it’s after your clicks. Nothing more, nothing less. You see, programs of this type serve the purposes of the online marketing industry and by that we mean that their primary objective is advertising and promoting various products and services. You’ve no doubt noticed the numerous popups, banners and box messages that constantly accompany your web surfing, no matter the pages you’re on. In a sense, this is the result of a very popular business model known as Pay Per Click, which ensures that the developers of programs like Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” get paid based on the number of times the respective ads get clicked on by users such as yourself. And with this model comes certain behavioral traits that are often the reason why browser hijackers are commonly seen as potentially unwanted programs or PUPs.
By that we first mean the sheer aggression, with which the said ads tend to be displayed. You may have yourself sometimes found it difficult to avoid all the annoying popups and banners. But there’s also a more sinister side to this. Programs like Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” have a reputation for prying into your browser history records and extract information related to your latest search requests and the kind of websites you visit. All of this is done so the program in question may try and determine where your interests lie and therefore what products and services are more likely to attract your attention. Thus, the ad flow is typically tailored to each separate user’s preferences with the intention of increasing the number of potential clicks.
Is Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” a virus? Can it cause any damage?
Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” is most certainly not a virus, despite the rather negative impression that it can make. In that sense, it’s also incapable of inflicting any actual harm to either you or your machine. Nevertheless, as we already mentioned, these programs are often considered PUPs, and that’s not the type of software you’d want to let your guard down with. That much said, we think it’s important to be aware of the potential risks that browser hijackers may pose. Firstly, it’s very possible that a program like this may very soon have a negative impact on your PC’s productivity. As a result, your system may start running slower, you might start experiencing various malfunctions, such as browser and even system crashes. Surely an unwanted effect, wouldn’t you agree? What’s more, the numerous ads that you are exposed to on a daily basis could potentially hide very serious danger. With the rise of viruses like ransomware, online ads have become the distribution method of choice among hackers and cyber criminals. They are usually referred to as malvertisements, once they have been injected with the harmful script of some malware. After this, one click is typically enough for the infection to take place. What’s scary is that you may not even realize what’s happened until it’s already far too late. With this in mind, it’s our duty to warn users against interacting with any kind of online ads and as a step towards better protection, it’s simply best to remove the source of most of them. In this case that would be Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” and below is a very effective guide that will show you how to do that.
Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Apple-kungfu.com “Virus”, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Apple-kungfu.com “Virus” might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Apple-kungfu.com “Virus”, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.