This guide is created to help you fix the “Xinput1_3.dll is missing” error message. The instructions below will help you fix the issue in all Windows operating systems.
“Xinput1_3.dll is missing” error message may appear on your screen when you are trying to run a program on your system or let’s say you try to play a game or open some application. In general, Xinput1_3.dll is a component – an important part of Microsoft DirectX and in case that this component is missing, you will not able to run the program, game or application you are trying to open. This is because some applications or games may need this component to work properly. In this case, you are more likely to get a notification similar to this one:
Here are some of the possible error messages that you may be getting due to Xinput1_3.dll missing:
- xinput1_3.dll is missing
- xinput1_3.dll error loading
- xinput1_3.dll crash
- xinput1_3.dll was not found
- xinput1_3.dll could not be located
- xinput1_3.dll Access Violation
- Cannot find xinput1_3.dll
- Cannot register xinput1_3.dll
In this guide, we are going to show you how to fix that problem in a few easy-to-follow steps. If you are facing some issues with running a program on your system due to any of the above-listed files missing, you may be able to solve those issues by running the DirectX run-time package installer or troubleshoot the system with the help of the System File Checker or Updates. Here are some solutions that we have selected, which may be effective in your case:
Xinput1_3.dll is Missing Fix (Win 7/10)
Run System File Checker
The easiest is to try using the built-in System File Checker, which is a utility, developed by Microsoft to scan and repair your system from file errors. To do that, simply run the System File Checker on your computer to troubleshoot the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error. For that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key+C and type CMD in the Search box.
- In the Command Prompt box type “sfc /scanNow” and press “Enter”. This should have solved the issue.
Update Display Adapter Driver
If the system file checker doesn’t eliminate the issue, updating your display adapter driver may fix it. Follow the instructions given below:
- Press Windows Key + C and type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box. This way you will open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, browse for “Display adapter”.
- Next, simply right-click on the adapter and select “Update Driver Software”.
Re-download Microsoft DirectX
Sometimes, the reason for the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error may be that the Microsoft DirectX files have been corrupted. To fix that, you will need to uninstall the corrupted files and re-install the Microsoft DirectX on your system. For that, you will first need to download the right version and apply to steps in the guide below:
- First, right-click on “Start” in the bottom right of your screen.
- Next, you need to select “Control Panel” and click on “Programs”.
- Navigate to “Uninstall a Program”.
- Then, select “Microsoft DirectX” from the list of programs and press “Uninstall”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the program and restart your system.
- Once your old version is removed, you will need to manually download an updated DirectX setup from Microsoft Download Centre.
- Once you download it, simply double-click on the installer to run it and follow the instructions on the screen. This should fix the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error on your computer.
Did you found any of the suggested solutions helpful? If yes, then we will be more than happy to hear from you in the comments below.