We have created the article and guide below with the desire to help all users affected by the Error Code 0x803f8001. The guide and the advice in the following article are meant for all Xbox One users.
Recently one of the most irritating error codes that people who like to play games have been receiving is 0x803f8001. A lot of users have shared that this issue is most likely to appear whenever they are playing a game and leave it inactive for a period of time. The precise error message on the console is reported to be “Do you own this game or app?” (0x803f8001 Error code)”
Nature of such errors
Such problems might be caused by many different reasons. For instance, in case you haven’t connected to or haven’t been signed in Xbox One, you may see a message with this issue. At times, the reasons for such errors are simple minor issues your PC is experiencing.
When it comes to getting that error resolved, it is possible to fix it even simply by rebooting the game. In other cases a power cycle may be what you need to make everything right. Sometimes even a hard reset or uninstalling and reinstalling of the game are necessary. Proceed below where all these solutions have been thoroughly explained.
Xbox One Error Code 0x803f8001 Fix
Solution #1: You might have to perform a power cycle
In some cases just performing a power cycle will do the trick. Down here you will find how to perform one:
- First, push and hold the white power button on your console for 10 seconds. In this way it should be turned off.
- The next step is to disconnect the power cord. Then just wait for 10 seconds.
- Connect the power cord again.
- Now you should get your console turned on again.
- Attempt to apply the update again.
Hopefully, this way of fixing the issue will be enough for you to get it solved.
Solution #2: See whether your Xbox Live Status contains any alerts. Get all the services running
Sometimes users might experience such a problem if NOT all of the services on their Xbox are functioning. For that purpose you should check the Xbox Live status so that you can have a clue about which of the services are functioning and which are not. While checking the Live Status, you may encounter several alerts. In case you notice some, wait until all the services are running. As soon as they are all up, you may try the game again.
Solution #3: Maybe the case is that another family member has downloaded the game
Make sure that no other person from your family has also downloaded the game because sometimes this is just the problem. Sometimes other family members have downloaded the game but they are not signed in, which could cause the problem. If this is the case, just ask this person to sign in. Immediately after signing in, make the Xbox One the Home Console for the family member that has downloaded it.
Solution # 4: Try performing a hard reset
Sometimes doing that might get the issue fixed for you according to several users. If you recover the factory default setting on your Xbox, you will delete all the settings you have chosen and all the accounts that are used on the console. All the saved games and home Xbox associations will be erased as well. Immediately after you establish a connection with the service, your Xbox live will automatically synchronize with your console. All the components that are not synchronized will be lost forever.
Follow the steps below to reset your console:
- Push the left button on the directional pad. This will load the Menu to the left of your screen.
- Find the gear icon. Choose “All Settings” by hitting the A button
- Open System -> then select “Console Info & Updates”
- Choose the Reset Console option
At that point you will have to answer the question whether you want to “Reset and remove everything” or “Reset and Keep my games & apps”.
- Choose “Reset and remove everything“:
Your Xbox one will return to its Factory Default Settings. As soon as you sync your Xbox live with your console, try once more. It should work this time.
Solution # 5: Just try installing the Game again
For several users this has been the successful solution. For the purpose of reinstalling the Game, press the X on both searches in the app store. After that, install the game once more.
Solution # 6: If this error has been caused by download issues with Windows 10
Some of the affected users have experienced exactly that – they have been incapable of completing the download and have received the 0x803f8001 error alert. You can ensure that your Windows is fully updated and all your graphic card drivers are up-to-date via the steps below:
- Check whether Windows 10 has been updated to its newest version.
- If necessary, download and update the graphics-card drivers on your system.
- Restart your computer. Once it has been turned on again, ensure that you log out all Microsoft accounts in Windows store or any web browser.
- Log in the Windows store. Look for the desired game.
- In case you cannot see the game in the top, right next to the search bar, visit My Library and after that select games. Choose Show All. Then select Unhide this show. Now the game should be available.
- The “game in question” option should state “You Already Own This”.
- Finally, you can continue with updating the game. It is very important that your HDD has at least 60GB space free at that moment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.