In this article we are going to try and help you remove WinSAPSvc “Virus”. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
The following article strives to present all of the characteristics of WinSAPSvc “Virus” to you. This program comes from the family of the so-called Adware-based software. All the versions of this ad-displaying software show almost the same typical features that may include showering your Chrome / Explorer/ Firefox or other browser with ads any time you try to open a website. The overwhelming ads might manifest themselves in many colors, sizes and forms: pop ups, new browser tabs, boxes, banners, pop-unders. In fact, some users may find such a number of pop-ups and banners disturbing enough to list WinSAPSvc as a potentially unwanted program. Still, there might be users who could even find this piece of software helpful and useful, because sometimes the shown ads could contain just the deals a given user is looking for.
Does WinSAPSvc have any negative side effects on your PC?
In general, it doesn’t represent a program that should make you worried, it’s not a virus. Malicious software is a whole other class of programs that function in a completely different way than Adware. Adware may produce a ridiculous number of pop-ups, boxes or banners. It could also lead to a slight slowdown of your machine, due to the production of online ads. Maybe some of the Adware-type programs are really capable of searching through your surfing history and defining what goods and types of ads you might like. As a result, you may see only advertisements relevant to your personal tastes. Nevertheless, no Adware-based product is able to perform any malicious activity on your system. This means that you do not face any credential thefts, any copying of personal details, any encryption of favorite files, as WinSAPSvc does NOT do anything like that.
However, its distribution raises some concerns, doesn’t it?
Some experts have even put WinSAPSvc in the list of the potentially unwanted programs because of the unclear ways of spreading such software. WinSAPSvc might infect your PC as a payload of a website, as a part of a torrent, as a component of a program bundle. When distributed within bundles, as it is most likely spread, Adware may not be clearly mentioned in the EUCA that you are supposed to read and agree with if you do not choose the right installation method. For example, in case you have made a decision to integrate any new program from a bundle into your system, and you choose the Brief or Default installation option, it is very likely that the entire bundle will get installed and you won’t get any information about its content or any chance to opt out of what you don’t really need. However, if you act wisely and choose to install your software in an Advanced or Custom way, you will definitely have all the details about the particular bundle and you will have the opportunity to select what exactly to put into your computer.
Why is WinSAPSvc spread around in the first place?
The world seems to be all about making money nowadays. It is the same with all the marketing campaigns and ads. Vendors will always strive to advertise what they have for sale. Programmers will always try to increase their profits and to get the most of any business activity. This is why program bundles get created – to serve the demands of the marketing industry. Developers are actually paid on the basis of generated and opened ads, so as you can expect, the ad-producing software they create will always be about displaying more and more ads. Still, we want to repeat what we have mentioned before – such a strategy is NOT against the law and is NOT harmful to your computer.
How to remove WinSAPSvc and avoid it and its relatives in the future?
The removal process should not be very complex if you use the uninstallation instructions you are going to find below. Our guide has been created to assist you with removing WinSAPSvc, so we recommend that you first try to uninstall this irritating program by following the removal instructions here. The process of preventing your machine from getting infected with Adware again is an ongoing process. It means that it involves your constant and timely efforts. Our most important piece of advice has already been revealed above in the article: installation features really matter, choose the right one. We have some more that are all about wise surfing: mind the websites that you visit, be cautious when you have to download anything and never open any spam email, because they may get you not only hijackers, but real viruses like Ransomware.
WinSAPSvc “Virus” Removal
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find WinSAPSvc or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove WinSAPSvc From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by WinSAPSvc and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove WinSAPSvc From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove WinSAPSvc From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.