This guide is created to help you fix the Error Code 8024401C that prevents you from updating your Windows. The instructions below are simple to follow and have proved to solve the error in a fast and simple way.
In case that you have tried to update your Windows 8.1 through the Windows Update feature and it failed to install the updates, you have probably ended up with an Error Code 8024401C. This is a common error message that appears on the user’s screen in such cases, and there are many available fixes for it online. However, our team has researched some of the most user-friendly and easy-to-follow fixes that don’t require you to be a computer guru to follow them. So if you carefully repeat the steps in the suggested fix below, you will be able to eliminate the Error Code 8024401C and solve the Windows Update issue with just a few clicks.
Here is what the error message looks like:
Usually, the reason for the 8024401C Error Code is a bad internet connection. It could be due to some poor signal in your home or at the office. Another reason for this error could also be a third party application that may be restricting the access to the Windows Update feature in Windows 8.1 in some way. No matter what may be causing it, the steps in the guide below will hopefully help you find out what you need to do to fix your problem.
Here is what we suggest you do first:
- Check your Internet Connection – make sure it works flawlessly and try to access some websites using your internet browser.
- If you are using a router, try to restart it by turning it off, wait for a few seconds and turn it on again.
- In case that you don’t have an internet connection, then call your internet provider and ask for assistance to establish your internet connection.
After researching a lot of solution options for the 8024401C Error, here we prepared a safe guide that will easily match the average user’s computer skills and won’t put your system at risk. Simply follow the steps below as they may work for you.
Windows Update Error Code 8024401C Fix
Now, let’s begin with the steps:
- First, navigate to the Windows Update settings by writing in the search box of the start menu.
- Then, press “Change settings” in the left menu that will be available once you open the Windows Update window.
- Next, select the checkbox in front of recommended updates. It should look like this:
- Make sure that the “Microsoft Update” box is NOT checked.
After making this simple change in the settings, the problem should be solved and the error code should be fixed. Now your Windows Update should update your system without a problem.
Some users have reported that this easy-to-follow fix has helped them, so we hope it works for you as well. If you do still have trouble with the error “8024401C” in Windows 8.1, please feel free to write us in the comments and we will get back to you with support.