Welcome to our Start Siviewer “Virus” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC for free.
Browser hijackers are software pieces that can often be blamed for much irritation. Their capability of generating a great number of advertisements, which could seriously disturb your online experience, as well as their habit of setting a completely different default search engine and homepage to all your browsers (Firefox, Explorer, Chrome) might make them seem especially irritating. To top it all off, the majority of hijackers are very good at redirecting you to numerous unknown web pages if your PC has caught some of them. The following article discusses one member from the browser hijacker family – Start Siviewer “Virus”. All the specific details about this quite annoying program are in the text below.
Is Start Siviewer “Virus” an exact example of a browser hijacker?
Indeed, Start Siviewer “Virus” possesses all the characteristics of any hijacker program. It is possible that such a program could cause some fairly disturbing modifications to your browser apps, which may include, as we have mentioned above, redirecting, ad streams and new homepages and search engines.
Can such a program be considered malicious?
Actually, they are not even close to what we call a dangerous virus. In fact, hijackers are relatively harmless and could simply work as a means of advertising. None of the usual malware activities will ever be caused by programs like Start Siviewer “Virus”. For instance, such ‘normal’ virus effects that are impossible when we talk about hijackers, include data encryption; possible spying on you and your PC; the process of copying your account credentials or hacking your bank accounts in order to drain them.
Then why are this program’s features so irritating?
A lot of users might get easily irritated because of the hijackers’ advertising functions. Nonetheless, you need to realize that the marketing industry has been functioning in this way ever since its beginning. Don’t you get overwhelmed with TV ads while you are watching a film? Aren’t you exposed to radio ads in the middle of any radio show? Advertising is omnipresent and the pop-ups, boxes, banners and tabs you could be seeing at the moment are something normal. Furthermore, the redirecting Start Siviewer “Virus” may result in also occurs according to a predefined manner so as to popularize particular websites. There is nothing illegal about that. Even the hijackers’ function to set new homepages or a new search engine to your browser apps is a way of promoting these specific homepages and search engines. As expected, the developers of ad-broadcasting programs are extremely motivated to create such software as they make a lot of money on the basis of the aforementioned activities.
If it is still not very clear how Start Siviewer “Virus” could enter your computer…
Although an infection may occur because of several different activities – a visit to an infected web page, using a contagious torrent or opening a spam letter, most of the contaminations actually occur due to the improperly performed installation of a program bundle.
What is defined as a program bundle is a mix of several programs – apps, games, hijackers, Adware-based ones (probably), etc. Typically, such mixtures of programs are spread for free and a great number of users are interested in a certain program that they may contain. The hijacker, which could be included in a program bundle, cannot in any way get self-installed on your PC. The majority of the affected users perform the installation process themselves, of course, in a quite negligent way, by choosing an installation method that allows the entire content of a given bundle to get incorporated into their systems. If you want to have the ability to select which programs exactly from a specific bundle you want, and install only them, try to always choose the ADVANCED, the CUSTOM or the CUSTOMIZED installation feature. All the others, whatever easy or quick installation they might promise, are likely to get you infected with something unwanted.
A successful way of remove Start Siviewer “Virus”:
If you need to efficiently and safely remove such a browser hijacker from your PC, you will find the Removal Guide we have created and attached below is exactly the instrument for you. We hope that by closely following all the instructions and carefully performing them, you will be able to successfully fight the infection and remove this irritating program for good!
Start Siviewer “Virus” Removal
Here is what you need to do in order to remove a Ransomware virus from you computer.
I – Reveal Hidden files and folders and utilize the task manager
- Use the Folder Options in order to reveal the hidden files and folders on your PC. If you do not know how to do that, follow this link.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search field type Task Manager.
- Open the first result and in the Processes tab, carefully look through the list of Processes.
- If you notice with the virus name or any other suspicious-looking or that seems to consume large amounts of memory, right-click on it and open its file location. Delete everything in there.
- Make sure that the hidden files and folders on your PC are visible, else you might not be able to see everything.
- Go back to the Task Manager and end the shady process.
II – Boot to Safe Mode
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode. If you do not know how to do it, use this guide/linked/.
III – Identify the threat
- Go to the ID Ransomware website. Here is a direct link.
- Follow there in order to identify the specific virus you are dealing with.
IV – Decrypt your files
- Once you have identified the virus that has encrypted your files, you must acquire the respective tool to unlock your data.
- Open your browser and search for how to decrypt ransomware, look for the name of the one that has infected your system.
- With any luck, you’d be able to find a decryptor tool for your ransomware. If that doesn’t happen try Step V as a last ditch effort to save your files.
V – Use Recuva to restore files deleted by the virus
- Download the Recuva tool. This will help you restore your original files so that you won’t need to actually decrypt the locked ones.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and select Next.
- Now choose the type of files you are seeking to restore and continue to the next page.
- When asked where your files were, before they got deleted, either use the option In a specific location and provide that location or choose the opt for the I am not sure alternative – this will make the program look everywhere on your PC.
- Click on Next and for best results, enable the Deep Scan option (note that this might take some time).
- Wait for the search to finish and then select which of the listed files you want to restore.