Osiris.dll Virus Removal (File Recovery Methods)
Welcome reader to our Osiris.dll Virus removal guide. This page will also help you to recover any Osiris.dll Virus files.
Recently you may have been terrified by a program that seems to have infected your PC very subtly, has encrypted some of your data and has informed you about its evil activities with an alarming notification, stating that you have to pay ransom to free your encoded files. This program’s name is Osiris.dll and this nasty virus belongs to the group of Ransomware-based malicious programs. Below you will read the most important details about it as well as some additional information on how to stay away from such malware from now on and how to try to safely remove it.
Your cyber nightmares have come true if Osiris.dll has infected you
Maybe you are already aware of the seriousness of the current state of your PC. However, if you only have a vague idea of what has happened, we regret to inform you that your computer has been attacked by one of the most terrifying viruses of all times – Osiris.dll. Its Ransomware nature makes it considerably hazardous as it manifests by finding out which data on your machine you use most often and making it completely inaccessible to you. It achieves its purposes by locking up your files with a key that includes two elements – a public one and a private one. The first you get for free as soon as your data has been blocked. However, for the latter you are informed that ransom is required and this is what can scare you most, because when you check, this data appears to really be inaccessible and you may at first feel helpless. The way you get informed about the contamination is by a ransom-demanding notification that appears on your screen with all the payment and deadline details.
Such an infection with Osiris.dll is particularly disgusting also because of the way it sneaks into your system. This Ransomware is dangerous, but it exploits another nasty malware to get into your computer. This buddy is a Trojan horse virus. Typically, the Trojan is only in charge of the transportation services. Once it has found a vulnerability which can be used for letting Osiris.dll in, it becomes silent and hides somewhere in your PC, giving the other virus the opportunity to achieve its goals. However, you should always keep in mind that Trojans are also great cyber threats, exactly because you can never know what their true intentions are, they may be hiding before harming your computer even more than the Ransomware can ever do. We believe that you understand how important it is to detect and get rid of both of these types of malware.
Where does this virus typically hide?
Unfortunately, we cannot tell you exactly how you have ended up contaminated by Osiris.dll. However, there are certain places where it likes to lurk. One of them is in any email either in your Inbox, or in your Spam directory. Every email attachments could also be contagious. That’s why our prevention tip №1is to stay away from letters, whose senders are not familiar. Another possible source of Ransomware could be any program bundle as you never know what such combos really contain. One more hiding spot for Osiris.dll may even be any text document. You can also come across it in shareware or torrents or by visiting infected webpages.
What to do after you find out that your computer has been contaminated with Osiris.dll
Maybe you have been thinking about paying the demanded amount of money to be able to access your encrypted files again. Maybe you have been looking for an expert or a piece of specialized software to assist you in saving your encoded data. Whatever you decide to do, remember that neither of the choices above are a sure way to save your important files. Hackers may give you the second part of the encryption key if you pay, but they may also just take the money and leave your files blocked forever. A specialist in this field or a removal guide may be good enough to help you delete the virus, but this may not necessarily result in the decryption of the hijacked data. It is really up to you what you can afford to risk – either only your files or your files and your money. In our opinion, paying the ransom should be your last option, not your priority. In case your decision is to try to fight the virus, here comes a special removal guide which is designed to assist you in dealing with Osiris.dll. Again, nothing is for sure, but at least you will try!
Osiris.dll Virus Removal
Here is what you need to do in order to remove a Ransomware virus from you computer.
I – Reveal Hidden files and folders and utilize the task manager
- Use the Folder Options in order to reveal the hidden files and folders on your PC. If you do not know how to do that, follow this link.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search field type Task Manager.
- Open the first result and in the Processes tab, carefully look through the list of Processes.
- If you notice with the virus name or any other suspicious-looking or that seems to consume large amounts of memory, right-click on it and open its file location. Delete everything in there.
- Make sure that the hidden files and folders on your PC are visible, else you might not be able to see everything.
- Go back to the Task Manager and end the shady process.
II – Boot to Safe Mode
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode. If you do not know how to do it, use this guide/linked/.
III – Identify the threat
- Go to the ID Ransomware website. Here is a direct link.
- Follow there in order to identify the specific virus you are dealing with.
IV – Decrypt your files
- Once you have identified the virus that has encrypted your files, you must acquire the respective tool to unlock your data.
- Open your browser and search for how to decrypt ransomware, look for the name of the one that has infected your system.
- With any luck, you’d be able to find a decryptor tool for your ransomware. If that doesn’t happen try Step V as a last ditch effort to save your files.
V – Use Recuva to restore files deleted by the virus
- Download the Recuva tool. This will help you restore your original files so that you won’t need to actually decrypt the locked ones.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and select Next.
- Now choose the type of files you are seeking to restore and continue to the next page.
- When asked where your files were, before they got deleted, either use the option In a specific location and provide that location or choose the opt for the I am not sure alternative – this will make the program look everywhere on your PC.
- Click on Next and for best results, enable the Deep Scan option (note that this might take some time).
- Wait for the search to finish and then select which of the listed files you want to restore.