In this article we are going to try and help you remove Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus”. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Some of the most annoying programs you can ever catch while surfing the web are called browser hijackers. They represent software that is able to alter the appearance of all the browsers you have installed – Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Explorer. The way they might do that is by substituting the homepage and default search engine; by redirecting you to various web locations without you commanding your browser to do that; and making your browsers broadcast plenty of online ads like banners and pop-ups. Generally, such software is not among the greatest cyber threats you may encounter. However, such programs might be super irritating and that is why we have come up with special instructions and advice as of how to remove the specific hijacker described below – Nbsallastar.com.
How does Nbsallastar.com behave? Is it a typical browser hijacker?
Nbsallastar.com is indeed an exemplary hijacker. We can say that it certainly possesses all the aforementioned characteristic features. Plus, this hijacker may sometimes be capable of tracking your search requests via accessing your browsing history. As a result, the potential pop-ups that the program could possibly generate will be related to your supposed interests and tastes. This particular aspect of most of the hijackers’ behavior has contributed to their rather negative image. However, below you can see that there is no proof of any dangerous activities performed by such a program.
Is Nbsallastar.com a legitimate piece of software? Is it malicious?
According to experts in the field, this hijacker is a completely legal program. Its developers sign real contracts with goods manufacturers and service providers to perform the advertising campaigns you are now witnessing on your screen. As a result, hijackers are created. Everything they do happens only with a promoting purpose. When it comes to whether this piece of advertising software represents malware, or not, we can state that it has NEVER been classified as a dangerous program. Nonetheless, Nbsallastar.com could still be seen as annoying or intrusive, due to the research it might conduct, and the way it spreads on the web and tricks you into installing it. To fully understand the great difference between Nbsallastar.com and, for instance, a Ransomware-based virus, continue reading. Any Ransomware we know of is perfectly capable of self-installing on your computer – something that no hijacker could ever achieve. Also, the virus could access all your data and determine which files are among the most regularly opened/loaded ones. After that a very complex encryption process follows, which ends with the generation of a greatly disturbing ransom notification. This awful message lets you know about the money you are supposed to pay to the hackers in order to decrypt your files. Browser hijackers could only access your browsers and modify them, nothing else on your computer. This means that you are relatively safe.
How may a hijacker trick you into making it a part of your system?
The way developers normally spread hijackers is another concerning detail about these programs. It usually happens via bundling. This process represents gathering games, apps, Adware and hijackers in a software mix. Such mixes could be downloaded for free from anywhere. Often they contain really fascinating new software and you may want to try it so badly that you may neglect installing it in a safe manner and end up catching Nbsallastar.com. How it exactly happens is in the following way:
- Imagine that you want to play a great game from such a program bundle and you download it from the Internet. After that you may become a little too impatient and perform the installation process in a careless way. Being careless while installing a certain piece of software means choosing the wrong installation features. Such options promise an easy and quick process of installing a program. They are most often named Default, Recommended, Automatic, Easy or Quick. The problem with them is that they perform this process via installing the entire content of any bundle, which inevitably means that you will get the hijacker as well.
- The right way of incorporating any program or any bundle into your system is by choosing the ADVANCED (sometimes CUSTOM) setting from your installer. Only such a feature could allow you to manually choose the necessary programs to be installed and features to be included. All other options are risky. Stick to these ones.
What about getting rid of Nbsallastar.com?
This hijacker may be safely removed if you use the Guide you will find at the end of this article. It is designed to solve your issues and stop this irritating program from affecting your browsers.
Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus” Removal
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Nbsallastar.com or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Nbsallastar.com From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Nbsallastar.com and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Nbsallastar.com From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Nbsallastar.com From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.