Mole01 File Ransomware Virus Removal (+File Recovery)
Welcome to our Mole01 File Ransomware Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC for free.
Ransomware viruses have been around for quite some time, but it wasn’t until recent years that they’ve suddenly risen to prominence in the world of cyber threats. As a matter of fact, their numbers have been rapidly increasing, with millions of new, unique samples being discovered by security experts each year. One of the latest ransomware variants to be released onto the public is Mole01 File – a cryptovirus responsible for the encryption of your files, for which it then demands a ransom be payed to make those files once again accessible. Ransomware is among the most problematic malware types because of the complex encryption algorithms it uses. These often make it extremely difficult and sometimes even impossible to restore the encrypted data, which can prove devastating to the ransomware victims. This article is dedicated to providing Mole01 File victims with more information on this terrible virus, as well as with a set of detailed removal instructions. They will assist you in getting rid of the ransomware, but you can also follow the additional steps to potentially restore the files it had encrypted.
The way ransomware operates and possible ways to fight it
Ransomware viruses are typically very sneaky and most of the time they’re able to bypass any security software you may have installed. Of course, nowadays experts are trying to develop antivirus programs with specific ransomware definitions, but those aren’t yet as common and still somewhat unreliable. The thing is that once in your computer, the Mole01 File or other virus of this type will begin to scan it for certain file types, such as executables, documents, pictures, music, video files, system files, etc. After that it will begin to create encrypted copies of those files, while at the same time also deleting the originals. Due to this simple fact, the antivirus program you have installed will have most likely not detected the malware and won’t have done anything to put a stop to it.
As a matter of fact, ransomware rarely even possesses any symptoms that could give it away while it’s at work on the victim’s PC. However, in certain rare cases you may be able to notice a significant slowdown in your machine’s performance. This can be especially true for computers that have large amounts of data stored on them and that aren’t particularly powerful. In addition, should this raise a red flag for you, you should check your Task Manager for any suspicious activity there. Usually a virus like Mole01 File will be the process consuming the most RAM and CPU, so should you notice anything like this – you are to immediately shutdown your PC and contact a specialist. This will at least prevent the ransomware from further encrypting anything for the time being, at which point you may be able to resolve the issue with professional help.
However, as this is most often not the case and you’re probably here already due to a completed infection process, you are probably eager to know what your options are. And, sadly, there aren’t really that many of those. You might be considering giving in to the ransom payment and just taking the easy way out. That is, of course, completely up to you, but there are a few drawbacks to doing that and they don’t just involve saying good bye to a fat sum of money. For one, the major risk is transferring the requested amount and not receiving anything in return. It’s actually not uncommon that users are left hanging without a decryption key to show for the money they spent. Besides that, you may also receive one that doesn’t work – also a likely risk.
What we would recommend is to exhaust your alternative options first. And the first thing to do about Mole01 File is to see to its effective removal, which you can do with the help of our below guide. For those, who don’t quite trust their computing skills, there’s also a removal tool at your disposal. And once you have taken care of that, you can tend to the recovery of your files. Now, as mentioned, we have included instructions that may be helpful in recovering them from system backups. However, we cannot promise that this will necessarily work in all cases of a ransomware infection, due to the very tricky nature of this malware type.
Mole01 File Ransomware Virus Removal
Here is what you need to do in order to remove a Ransomware virus from you computer.
I – Reveal Hidden files and folders and utilize the task manager
- Use the Folder Options in order to reveal the hidden files and folders on your PC. If you do not know how to do that, follow this link.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search field type Task Manager.
- Open the first result and in the Processes tab, carefully look through the list of Processes.
- If you notice with the virus name or any other suspicious-looking or that seems to consume large amounts of memory, right-click on it and open its file location. Delete everything in there.
- Make sure that the hidden files and folders on your PC are visible, else you might not be able to see everything.
- Go back to the Task Manager and end the shady process.
II – Boot to Safe Mode
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode. If you do not know how to do it, use this guide/linked/.
III – Identify the threat
- Go to the ID Ransomware website. Here is a direct link.
- Follow there in order to identify the specific virus you are dealing with.
IV – Decrypt your files
- Once you have identified the virus that has encrypted your files, you must acquire the respective tool to unlock your data.
- Open your browser and search for how to decrypt ransomware, look for the name of the one that has infected your system.
- With any luck, you’d be able to find a decryptor tool for your ransomware. If that doesn’t happen try Step V as a last ditch effort to save your files.
V – Use Recuva to restore files deleted by the virus
- Download the Recuva tool. This will help you restore your original files so that you won’t need to actually decrypt the locked ones.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and select Next.
- Now choose the type of files you are seeking to restore and continue to the next page.
- When asked where your files were, before they got deleted, either use the option In a specific location and provide that location or choose the opt for the I am not sure alternative – this will make the program look everywhere on your PC.
- Click on Next and for best results, enable the Deep Scan option (note that this might take some time).
- Wait for the search to finish and then select which of the listed files you want to restore.