The following guide was created to remove the Modernappz.net scam virus from users’ iPhones.
Adware programs can be the most annoying type of software you’ll ever encounter and one its most recent representatives has set out to prove that theory. It goes by the name of Modernappz.net Scam Virus and if you have discovered its annoying popups, banners and other online ads on your iPhone, iPad or other portable device – don’t go away. On this page we would like to show you how you can effectively remove Modernappz.net Scam Virus, together with the disturbance that it is likely causing you with its invasive ads. Below is a detailed removal guide that will show you how to rid yourself of the program in question in just a few simple steps. But we’d like you to first read the information presented here.
The purpose of adware and programs like Modernappz.net Scam Virus
You may be wondering how Modernappz.net Scam Virus came to be on your smartphone or tablet and what business it has being there in the first place. Luckily, it’s nothing dangerous or malicious, despite the common misconception that adware is the same as a virus. Adware programs benefit their developers by generating income through the paid clicks on their ads. In other words, the more ads you happen to interact with, the more profit for the developers behind Modernappz.net Scam Virus.
This remuneration model often causes developers to program their ad-generating software to extract browsing-related data from each separate user. They can, for example, be interested in the kinds of things you type into your search engine or the websites you tend to spend the most time on. Based on this data, the adware can then tailor its advertising campaigns to the preferences of each separate user. However, the practice is an undesirable one and in the majority of cases is frowned upon in the online community. This is also one of the reasons why you may want to consider removing Modernappz.net Scam Virus from your device.
But there’s also the possibility of being exposed to viruses such as Trojans, ransomware, worms and other by being constantly bombarded with online ads. For this reason we recommend abstaining from any interaction with popups, banners and other advertising materials. The best way to ensure the safety of your iPhone or iPad from now on is to be more careful with the apps you download from the App Store. Be sure to research the app you’re interested in downloading before actually doing so, as adware usually comes integrated with other apps.
Modernappz.net Scam Virus Removal
If you have any popup ads that are open at this time, you will need to close them all.
- Before closing the ad, check to see whether or not the pop-up has a box called “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage”. If it does, be sure to tick it.
- After you close the ad, a “Block Alerts” button may appear on your screen. If this happens, be sure to tap the button in order for you to no longer receive alerts from that page.
In the event that the above instructions did not succeed in closing the pop-up:
- If this is happenning on your Mac desktop computer, you will need to close your Safari browser by force. To do that, use the following key combination: Command-Option-Esc. A list of apps will appear, where you will need to locate and select Safari. Force close it. After this, restart the browser and press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, once the browser opens. This will stop any ads from appearing.
- If you are using an iPod Touch, an iPhone or iPad, double-press the home button. The screen will then show you all the most recently used applications. Swipe until you have located Safari and then swipe it up so as to close it forcibly. After this, head over to Settings -> Safari -> Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will prevent ads from opening automatically when you open your browser. But note that the above will also delete your browsing history and cookies, so be sure to export them if they are important to you.
In the Safari menu, select Preferences. Then:
- Click on the Security icon, after which click on the “Block pop-up windows” option. This will prevent a large variety of different pop-ups from appearing.
- Once this is done, check the homepage and search engine settings in your browser. Adware often tends to change those. We can’t offer any more specific guides as to how to do that, due to the fact that they may vary from browser to browser.
- Click on the General icon and notice the Homepage field. Make sure that it is either empty or contains the URL of the Homepage of your choice.
- Do the same for the Search icon. It should, again, display either the default search engine or the one you had appointed yourself. Please note that in certain versions of Safari you will be able to find these settings in the General panel.
Open your Safari browser and click the Extensions button. Most of the time Adware programs rely on integrating extensions with your browser, so as to generate the pop-ups that appear on your screen. Scan the extensions and take note of those you don’t recall installing. Be sure to then remove them all, as they were most probably placed there by the Adware.