In this article we are going to try and help you remove Mans-find.org “Virus”. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
A potentially unwanted type of software called Mans-find.org “Virus” is the probable reason of you landing on our removal guide. If you have recently noticed some undesired changes that have taken place in your browser of choice, then the most probable source of them is a browser hijacker. What this software is and what it can do to your computer is what we are going to talk about in the next lines. We will explain how and why the homepage or the search engine of your Chrome or Firefox browser has mysteriously been replaced and where all these annoying ads, pop-ups, banners and page redirects come from. Fortunately, if you have been aggressively exposed to them, there is no need to panic on how to deal with all these annoying activities happening on your screen. At the end of this article we have included a very detailed removal guide which will show you exactly how to remove them. With the help of the instructions and the screenshots below, you will be able to easily uninstall Mans-find.org and eliminate all of its traces form your machine all on your own. No complicated guidelines, no expensive computer specialist repairs. Just read the information that follows carefully to gain a better understanding and proceed to the guide.
Should we call Mans-find.org a virus?
Browser hijackers often get mistaken for viruses, but fortunately, they have nothing in common with viruses or other malicious threats such as Ransomware or Trojans. The bad reputation of this type of software is mostly due to their rather irritating nature. The way they impose some undesired changes in the user’s browser by hijacking the default homepage or search engine and getting the searches redirected to various unknown websites full of popping ads may often appear as an alarming sign of a nasty virus infection, but the truth is that browser hijackers are mostly harmless. Calling them viruses is a bit exaggerated, because these programs do not attempt to destroy your system or corrupt your files, nor have they been developed with that aim.
The main purpose that programs like Mans-find.org have been programmed for is to expose users to various sponsored web pages, advertisements, pop-ups, and banners. Basically, browser hijackers serve as online advertising tools that the marketing industry is using to promote different services, products, offers and sales. The deal with these pieces of software is that they generate money for their developers by displaying such sponsored ads and getting the users click on them. This is better known as the Pay-Per-Click scheme and many developers are using it to earn from the clicks on the ads that programs like Mans-find.org display. That’s why they try to flood the user’s screen with as many sponsored messages as possible. However, users may find this activity quite irritating, and more so since it may heavily interrupt their normal browsing and prevent them to search the web and reach the desired web locations. The constant page redirects may often lead them to unknown or even insecure web locations where threats like Trojans or Ransomware may be lurking. Numerous popping tabs, banners, links and messages may interrupt the work of the browser and cause lags and screen freezing. On top of that, the hijacker may track the user’s online activity and try to match their latest searches with some more nagging ads. What is even more irritating is that, unfortunately, with these programs, there is no quick and easy option to remove the flow of ads, that’s why the only permanent solution is to completely uninstall the browser hijacker.
How to keep your PC clean from any future hijacker infections?
A piece of advice we could give you when it comes to browser hijacker prevention is to be selective when installing new software on your computer. This is extremely valid if you have the habit of getting most of your software from freeware or shareware platforms, torrent sites, download managers, and ads or spam emails. The reason is that programs like Mans-find.org are usually found bundled in the installers of some free programs and applications that could be found in such locations and once you run the setup they usually get installed alongside the desired program. One sure way to prevent that is to avoid downloading software from such places, but knowing that isn’t always possible, there is another thing you could do. When running the setup of new software, look for options named as “Advanced” or “Custom” and select them instead of the “Standard/Quick” one. This will give you full control over the entire bundle and there you can manually disable any additional program or potentially unwanted software from getting installed on your PC.
Mans-find.org “Virus” Removal
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Mans-find.org or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Mans-find.org From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Mans-find.org and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Mans-find.org From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Mans-find.org From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.