How to Remove Moosjs.cn Virus (Chrome/Firefox)
In this article we are going to try and help you remove Moosjs.cn . Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Browser hijackers normally represent harmless ad-producing software versions. Below we are going to introduce one specific hijacker program – Moosjs.cn . You are going to find out many details about this kind of software in general and about this particular version as well. For instance – we are going to explain why browser hijackers could only infect all the popular browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and how they may get installed on your PC, and make the aforementioned browsers start generating various online ads like banners and pop-ups.
All you have to know about the term “browser hijackers”:
First of all, you need to accept the fact that you are not dealing with a kind of malware. Instead, you are facing one very commonly spread version of ad-generating software with strictly advertising functions. What makes Moosjs.cn different from any virus – a Ransomware-based one, for example, is the following:
- Viruses infect your entire machine and could access any file on your disks and drives. For instance, a version of Ransomware will access all your data, select the particular files you use most and encrypt them, thus making them inaccessible to you. After completing the encryption process, the virus will generate a very disturbing ransom-requiring notification on your computer screen, letting you know that your encoded files are in great danger unless you complete the demanded payment.
- On the other hand, any browser hijacker, including Moosjs.cn , may only infect your browsers and access their search request databases. The changes that may later occur as a result of the activities of a hijacker inside your system are the following:
– your default search engines and homepages may disappear and some new, often unfamiliar, ones could appear;
– your browsers, no matter whether you decide to use Firefox or Chrome, or any of the other most common ones, could begin producing a lot of annoying ads and banners while you are browsing;
– some redirecting may begin – you could be sent to various web pages every time you try to load the desired ones.
- Another crucial difference between Moosjs.cn and Ransomware is that the Ransomware-based product will NOT need your approval to become a part of your system, while the browser hijacker will ALWAYS need it and could trick you into unknowingly agreeing to install the program on your computer.
How and where we might come across browser hijackers:
As exemplary versions of advertising software, most browser hijackers could be found everywhere on the web – inside shareware, torrents, streaming websites and other contagious web pages. However, their most likely hiding places are the so-called program bundles. If you are not aware of this term, we are going to explain it for you: software bundles represent sets of various apps, programs and games, which are spread together for free. As a result, any user with Internet access could download such a set. Nonetheless, to download a bundle doesn’t mean to install one. Just downloading a free mix of software cannot automatically infect your browsers with browser hijackers. To your surprise, the infection could only occur in case you decide to knowingly or unknowingly install the entire content of the bundle on your computer. Here is how hijackers and Adware developers could trick you into installing their advertising software on your PC:
- Some of the aforementioned bundles could contain at least one very interesting or new program/ game and you can be very excited to try it. Consequently, you may become a little careless when it comes to performing a safe installation process and go with the easiest, quickest or the automatic wizard features, such as the Default/ the Recommended/ or the Easy one. Generally, choosing such a feature almost always means incorporating the whole bundle into your system, along with Moosjs.cn or the other promoting programs, maybe lurking inside it.
- In order to be able to try new software for free but minimize the chances of catching Adware or browser hijackers, you need to perform an ideal installation process via the wizard steps marked as Custom or Advanced. Only these features ensure your control over the entire process and that you will get the chance to opt out of unnecessary programs (such as Moosjs.cn ) and their unwanted features.
What to do in case Moosjs.cn has already infected your PC?
This may surprise you, but Moosjs.cn is not among the programs that are hard to remove. You will simply need to trust a removal guide that has been tested and has proven to successfully fight such infections. Luckily, we have one which we are offering to you for free – just scroll down and you will see it. Good luck with removing Moosjs.cn and don’t forget to implement all the uninstallation steps carefully!
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Moosjs.cn or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Moosjs.cn From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Moosjs.cn and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Moosjs.cn From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Moosjs.cn From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.