How to Remove Luckysite123 “Virus” (Chrome/Firefox)
In this article we are going to try and help you remove Luckysite123 . Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Luckysite123 has most probably caused the following effects to your computer:
- Plenty of pop-ups and other versions of ads have started appearing on your screen while you are trying to surf the web;
- Moreover, all of your browsers, no matter whether you have tried to use Explorer, Chrome or Firefox, have launched some redirecting campaigns, which are making your browsing annoying and almost impossible by sending you to unfamiliar online locations;
- Also, the usual look of your browsers might have been altered. You might be seeing totally new homepages and search engines, which could greatly differ from the ones you are used to running.
The name of the software category which is capable of performing all that is browser hijackers and we are going to give you a lot of additional details about them in the text below.
What you know or do not know about browser hijackers:
The only typical features of browser hijackers in the forms that have been created so far are all the ones mentioned above. You ought to know that Luckysite123 can never access anything else on your computer besides the browsers and their databases. Consequently, this hijacker could launch an entire advertising campaign and generate only ads connected to your searches; and manage to redirect you only to pages relevant to your supposed needs and desires. The most successful method of spreading browser hijackers is by including them in bundles. If you are not aware of the meaning of this term, it means a combination of various software versions that is usually completely free for the user. Nevertheless, downloading such a set will not cause a hijacker infection. On the contrary, in case you install a bundle right, you can safely use all the games and apps from it without catching anything unwanted. The proper way of incorporating a bundle into your system is by using the detailed installer features such as the ones called Custom and Advanced. By selecting one of them, you get the opportunity to opt in and out of programs and their specific features. To further avoid any contamination, please, do not use the following wizard options: the ones named Automatic/ Default or Recommended. They usually leave you with no choice and incorporate the entire content of the bundle into your PC.
Is Luckysite123 a legitimate program?
The creation and distribution of browser hijackers, as well as of other advertising software such as Adware, are directly connected with the online marketing industry. These are the tools for promoting services and products online. In fact, if we can make the following comparison – browser hijackers are as harmless as the advertising campaigns that you watch on the TV or listen to on the radio. Ultimately, there is nothing concerning about this type of software.
Some more tips on how to avoid such software:
- Make sure that you have installed or will install the best anti-malware tool available to you – in this way it could block all the possible threats and annoyances.
- Try not to download and use any potential sources of browser hijackers such as torrents; spam emails and pop-ups. Also, ensure that the installation of any program on your computer is conducted in the aforementioned way so that you can avoid all kinds of threats.
- Try to remove the hijacker if you have been infected by one as soon as possible to avoid further irritation.
- Simply practice smart surfing and be cautious when it comes to the addresses you visit and the software you use.
- In case you really want to install a free program or a bundle from the web, just think twice. Our advice is to only install the software you really need and desire.
Getting rid of Luckysite123
Generally, browser hijackers could be easily and safely removed in case you are aware of the right way to do that. Luckily, we can offer such a way – just use our Removal Guide you will see after the chart below. We believe it will contain all the instructions you need to perform the removal process quickly and efficiently. Do not hesitate to tell us in case something from the steps below doesn’t work in the right way for you. We will be glad to try to personally help you – simply leave a comment with all the details.
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Luckysite123 or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Luckysite123 From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Luckysite123 and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Luckysite123 From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Luckysite123 From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.