Hakuna Matata Virus Ransomware Removal (+File Recovery)
In this article we are going to try and help you remove Hakuna Matata Virus Ransomware. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
In the paragraphs below we are going to explain the characteristics and consequences of Hakuna Matata Virus, a product, based on Ransomware. Basically, Ransomware is a term that stands for all the malicious programs, which damage your system in some way and after that demand you to pay a certain amount of money (as ransom) for reversing the harmful processes they have provoked. This specific version of Ransomware, Hakuna Matata Virus, has the ability to render most of your regularly used files inaccessible to you by encrypting them with a very sophisticated key, and then extort an amount of money from you in return for decryption those files. More details about the malicious activities of this Ransomware version are available in the article below.
Details about Hakuna Matata Virus
This ransom-demanding viru may enter your system in many ways (the most common of which we are going to discuss below); also, it usually creates a list of the files you use on a regular basis; and encrypts that data so that you are unable to access it again. The malware versions, which encode data, fall into the file-encrypting Ransomware category. Hakuna Matata Virus belongs exactly to this subgroup.
General information about Ransomware
There are various types of Ransomware, which you might come across while browsing the web. The purpose of this article is informative, so we will mention the main types and you will learn more about what to expect from such viruses:
- Ransomware, targetting mobile devices – Ransomware could also infect tablets and smartphones, so none of them are safe. These viruses can affect them by making you unable to access their screens. In fact, what blocks a given device’s screen is the ransom notification, which says you are supposed to pay ransom in order to remove it.
- Ransomware, locking desktop computer and laptop monitors – Such a virus resembles the mobile-oriented Ransomware. The effects are the same, only the targeted devices differ – in this case your desktop computers and laptops get affected. Their desktops get covered with huge ransom-requiring alerts and you are completely incapable of using them.
- Ransomware used against hackers: Actually, in some rare cases hackers may get punished for their wrongdoings by programs, based on Ransomware. Agencies and government institutions fighting cybercrime may use such programs to make criminals pay for their deeds.
How could such a threatening infection occur?
There may be lots of methods, used for distributing these dangerous viruses to the victim users. Catching Hakuna Matata Virus (as well as any other virus) is very likely in case you:
- Open unexpected emails and download the suspicious attachments they may have:
This is a very widely used method for spreading Ransomware across the Internet. Maybe what’s the worst thing about that possibility is the chance of catching a Trojan along with the Ransom-requiring program. It is possible that these two may come together exactly from such a source as the contagious spam emails you could receive.
- Follow fake update requests:
Such malware could come automatically if you click on a shady-looking update notification. You may receive such fake notifications as pop-ups from pages, containing malware. Once you follow such a fake request, your PC may get contaminated.
- Other suspects could be the video/movie/torrent/software-sharing web pages:
Watch videos and movies online, however, only via trustworthy websites. Avoid downloading software illegally – illegal software is a very common malware source. Also, stay away from suspicious torrents – they might be infected as well.
An important reminder: Ransomware is such a hazardous threat because basically anything things on the Internet may be contaminated with it. There is no movie, no website, no torrent, no software you can afford to fully trust.
Dealing with such an infection
In case your PC has already been contaminated with Hakuna Matata Virus, we must say that your options are incredibly limited. You might try consulting an expert to check what they can do. Another thing that may help is to download a specialized piece of software, which has a history of successfully fighting such viruses, and reversing its harmful effects. What’s more, take a careful look at the Removal Guide after the characteristics table. You may be able to deal with the infection and recover your encrypted files. Just always keep in mind that we cannot promise you success with this task. Fighting Ransomware is not always successful, as this kind of malware is awfully cunning. Accept the fact that you might not be able to decrypt your encoded data. Nevertheless, risk it all and see what happens. Don’t foolishly pay the ransom as soon as the hackers have requested it from you.
Hakuna Matata Virus Ransomware Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Hakuna Matata Virus.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Hakuna Matata Virus.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Hakuna Matata Virus in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.