.dharma File Ransomware Removal (File Recovery Method)
This page aims to help you remove .dharma Ransomware for free. Our instructions also cover how any .dharma file can be recovered.
The following article is focused on the nature, probable negative consequences and removal/prevention tips of .dharma Ransomware. It is very likely that you have already realized that your PC has been affected by one of the most disturbing malware programs known to the users around the globe. If you go on reading, we will give you all the details about the infection as well as all the instructions about the removal of this virus. We hope that the information you are going to find here will be of great help to you!
What kind of a virus is .dharma?
Most probably you will not like the answer to this question, but .dharma is a representative of the most awful group of viruses – Ransomware. All existing versions of Ransomware are almost equally malicious. Also, they tend to show some equally disturbing behavioral traits. For example, many of them use Trojans as instruments to enter your computer. These two evil fellows could be found everywhere online but their favorite places are spam emails, text documents, email attachments and of course, torrents, program bundles and shareware. After the infiltration of your PC, the Ransomware-based programs usually perform a full scan of all your data storages, no matter whether they are internal or external.
The next action you can expect from them is to assemble a list of all the directories, files and locations on your storages that you most frequently use. Such a list is needed because .dharma and its similar programs usually encrypt exactly the files that are most usually used by you. Such a process of locking up data may take a lot of time as well as a considerable amount of system resources. As a result, some users may be able to spot the infection in progress as the program in their Task Manager that is exploiting the biggest amount of CPU and RAM. In case you do notice such a process, shut down your system and find an expert to advise you and help you with your following actions regarding this problem. Most users do not realize an infection is going on before .dharma completes the last step of the contamination. Probably the last step is the most bothering one, because in case you have been contaminated, one day you find a notification on your screen letting you know that .dharma has infected your computer and asking for ransom. The ransom is supposed to be used for the recovery of your control over the files that the virus has blocked. In the alert message there could also be payment details and even some more threats regarding the files.
Will paying the requested money help you get your data back?
This is very unsure. Paying the ransom is one thing, getting your control over your files can be another. The hackers who develop Ransomware are not exactly people who could be trusted, so it may be highly unlikely for you to restore your access to the blocked files by simply paying them money. No concrete advice could be given in this case. Maybe paying the ransom will result in the hackers giving you the key to your data, maybe not. You are the one who should consider the advantages and the disadvantages of paying the demanded money. However, in no way is the return of your files to you actually guaranteed. Maybe you will want to consider other options for solving this issue such as consulting an expert on that matter. And we do recommend removing the virus before considering any further action, as failing to do so may result in a relapse. Once again, neither the removal of this malware, nor the payment of the ransom may be the thing that will give you back your files.
If you decide to try to uninstall .dharma, proceed with our removal guide at the end of the article. There you will find all the necessary instructions. In case you are interested in how to avoid such a nasty infection in the future, here come some prevention tips. Briefly, the most important part of any pleasant online experience is a healthy PC. A healthy system can be maintained in this state by avoiding any shady torrents, websites, bundles, letters in your email, as well as by purchasing a really good anti-virus tool to help you fight such infections. Make sure you keep you system and all programs on it updated, as this can is necessary to patch up any vulnerabilities that could be used as entry points by malware.
.dharma File Ransomware Removal
Here is what you need to do in order to remove a Ransomware virus from you computer.
I – Reveal Hidden files and folders and utilize the task manager
- Use the Folder Options in order to reveal the hidden files and folders on your PC. If you do not know how to do that, follow this link.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search field type Task Manager.
- Open the first result and in the Processes tab, carefully look through the list of Processes.
- If you notice with the virus name or any other suspicious-looking or that seems to consume large amounts of memory, right-click on it and open its file location. Delete everything in there.
- Make sure that the hidden files and folders on your PC are visible, else you might not be able to see everything.
- Go back to the Task Manager and end the shady process.
II – Boot to Safe Mode
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode. If you do not know how to do it, use this guide/linked/.
III – Identify the threat
- Go to the ID Ransomware website. Here is a direct link.
- Follow there in order to identify the specific virus you are dealing with.
IV – Decrypt your files
- Once you have identified the virus that has encrypted your files, you must acquire the respective tool to unlock your data.
- Open your browser and search for how to decrypt ransomware, look for the name of the one that has infected your system.
- With any luck, you’d be able to find a decryptor tool for your ransomware. If that doesn’t happen try Step V as a last ditch effort to save your files.
V – Use Recuva to restore files deleted by the virus
- Download the Recuva tool. This will help you restore your original files so that you won’t need to actually decrypt the locked ones.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and select Next.
- Now choose the type of files you are seeking to restore and continue to the next page.
- When asked where your files were, before they got deleted, either use the option In a specific location and provide that location or choose the opt for the I am not sure alternative – this will make the program look everywhere on your PC.
- Click on Next and for best results, enable the Deep Scan option (note that this might take some time).
- Wait for the search to finish and then select which of the listed files you want to restore.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.