In this article we are going to try and help you remove Cerber3 Ransomware Virus. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
Welcome to our page about Cerber3! The reasons why you are reading the following article might be that you have been either infected with that obnoxious virus, or you simply want to get true information about this type of malware and its characteristic features and behavior. In both of the cases, we hope that you will find the information below useful and interesting. What’s more, we have even assembled a removal guide, which might be able to help you save your PC from this nasty virus.
Nature of .Cerber3 Ransomware Virus
Maybe you are already aware of the fact, but your PC has become a victim of one of the bad guys on the Internet – Ransomware. Cerber3 has been identified and regarded as a Ransomware-type program. Basically, this means that this virus at some point usually asks the infected user to pay an amount of money in exchange for the hackers’ decision to fix what they have done to a given computer. What they actually do by using this evil program is creating a list with all the files you usually use, by scanning your drives and proceeding with the encryption of all those files one by one. In this way, in the end, some of your files end up inaccessible and you end up reading the ransom notification this kind of malware normally generates when it has contaminated any system.
What you may find even more suspicious and dishonest is the fact that Cerber3 never comes to your PC alone. It is in fact always accompanied by a Trojan horse virus, which explores your system for any weaknesses and vulnerabilities and then finds a way for the Ransomware to just enter your machine. Those two viruses can get distributed in various ways: inside torrents, infected websites, shareware and computer bundles. However, they prefer to travel inside contaminated emails and their attachments. This is the most common distribution method. Still, there appear to be more and more distribution means – you can even catch Cerber3 from an infected text document.
Is paying the demanded money clever?
We cannot tell you what you should do for sure. Despite that, we will just remind you that you are dealing with hackers who have infected your PC with two dangerous types of malware. Do you think that such people can be trusted to give you back the access to your files? It is true that if you refuse to pay, you may never access your locked up data again. However, even if you do pay the ransom, what can possibly guarantee you that these cyber criminals will stop harassing you and will just give you the key to your files? In fact, you are the one that should make a decision because you are the one risking important data. We have assembled an efficient removal guide for you in case you decide to deal with the infection yourself and not give in to the hackers’ demands. It doesn’t guarantee the recovery of your data, but it at least represents a way to remove Cerber3 from your machine.
Prevention is always the best way
Once you are infected, no tool and no expert might be able to help you take over your system again. However, if you learn how to stay away from trouble, you will always be safe from any malware, including .Cerber3. We strongly recommend that you:
- Never neglect the safety and health of your PC by keeping an anti-virus tool. Purchase a good one and update it on a daily basis;
- Always remember to have your Firewall on. This is a more general prevention tip, however, it might stop you from accessing possibly dangerous websites;
- Learn to avoid and ignore any emails from unknown and/or suspicious senders. Any letter both from your INBOX or SPAM folder may contain Cerber3. Also, forget about downloading any attachments;
- Be especially careful with the sources of the software you install and download on your computer, as Cerber3 also comes in software bundles. Trust only websites with a good reputation;
- Regularly check (scan) for Trojans and get rid of them as soon as possible. They are the ones, who sneak Ransomware inside your PC.;
- In case you are being harassed, contact experts and the authorities that might help you. Do not make business with any criminals, including the cyber ones.
Cerber3 Ransomware Virus Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Cerber3.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Cerber3.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cerber3 in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.