This guide is created to help you solve the Binkw32.dll Missing error. There are several easy-to-follow solutions below, which were carefully selected to help you fix that issue.
Binkw32.dll error message is a common issue on many Windows computers. This error is usually associated with the “Bink Video” software applications, which are mainly responsible for loading graphics in video games. That’s why in case that you are trying to load a game based on Bink Video software, you are more likely to get a Binkw32.dll error, if this particular file is missing or corrupted.
There are several reasons why this could happen. Usually, the Binkw32.dll error indicates that the Binkw32.dll file is corrupted, located in the wrong folder, or simply is not on your computer, thus can’t be found. Another reason that may cause this error message to appear may signalize some video driver conflicts, registry corruptions or even virus infections. However, the fixes of this error are fairly easy to handle on your own, and here we have suggested a few solutions that may help you solve it:
Binkw32.dll Missing Error Fix
Solution 1: Copy Binkw32.dll File and paste it to the Windows System folder:
One very silly, but still probable reason that Binkw32.dll is missing could be that it is not located in the right folder. Very often, some applications or games that you install may place the binkw32.dll file in their installation folder instead of the System32 folder where all the DLL files should be placed. To fix that, you will need to locate the original Binkw32.dll file on your system and place it in the System32 folder. Here is what you need to do:
- Click the Start menu button.
- Then, in the search box type “Binkw32.dll” and search in “All Locations & Hard Drives“.
- If you find the Binkw32.dll file, select it and press CTRL+C to copy.
- Next, browse to this path C:\Windows\System32 folder and press CTRL+V to paste it.
- Try to open your application or game again. The problem should be solved. However, if it does not work, proceed to Solution 2
Solution 2: Download and install New Binkw32.dll File On Your System
The most common reason for the “Binkw32.dll is missing” error message is that the file is missing from your computer. If you cannot find it anywhere in your system through the search in Solution 1, then you may need to Download the file from the Internet and place it on your system in the following folder C:\Windows\System32. Placing the new version of the file into this folder should enable Windows to read it, and fix the error message.
Solution 3: Reinstall The problematic Game / Program
Sometimes, the buinkw32.dll file may get corrupted or damaged during the main installation of the desired program itself. In this case, all you need to do is to reinstall the program that is associated with the error message. For a clean install, you will first need to uninstall the program from your system completely and then install it through its installer again. This will remove all old and possibly corrupted files, settings and leftovers and will place the freshly installed ones, which should fix the buinkw32.dll error message.
- From the Start menu, navigate to Control Panel and select Programs.
- From the list of programs that appear, select the one that is giving you the error.
- Press “Uninstall” and confirm with “OK” when the dialog box appears.
- Next, follow the uninstallation Wizard instructions (if any) and this will complete the uninstallation process.
- Finally, run the setup of the program to install it again and follow its steps. The error message should not appear when you try to run the program.
Solution 4: Fix the buinkw32.dll error with System File Checker:
In case that the buinkw32.dll is corrupted, it may need to be fixed. This can happen with the help of the built-in System File Checker tool. Use it to automatically scan and fix issues related to your system files. Here is how to run the scan:
- Click the Start menu button.
- In the search box type “Command” but hold on and DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- Next, press CTRL and Shift keys on your keyboard together, and then you can press ENTER.
- A dialog box asking you for permission will appear. Click “Yes”.
- Once you do that a black window with a blinking cursor will appear. It should look like this:
- There you have to type “sfc /scannow” and hit the ENTER button.
- The System File Checker will start to scan for buinkw32.dll file and other system issues. Give some time for the full scan to complete.
- Next, simply follow the commands in the File checker Wizard to complete the repair process.
Tip: A full scan with your antivirus software may also help you identify the origin of your buinkw32.dll error message. In some cases, the file may be corrupted due to some pirate software or games that get installed on your computer and may infect you with some malware.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.