In this article we are going to try and help you remove Bart Virus. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
If you are really interested in the information presented below, it is possible that your PC has been contaminated with Bart Virus. To begin with, we are going to mention a few characteristic aspects of Bart Virus. It is a type of software, referred to as Ransomware. As you may have already noticed, Ransomware is specialized in blocking some of the most important files on your computer and then demanding ransom in exchange for the access to them. The origin of this software can be traced back to the end of the 20th century in Russia. Unfortunately, nowadays more and more people become victims of it, as it is now popular worldwide.
Can Ransomware be considered a virus?
In fact, it is probably one of the most malicious programs that have ever existed. Not just a simple virus, but one of the hardest to detect and deal with. This malware representation is a real pain in the neck, as it causes some very serious damage to your PC.
When and how have you caught such a malicious program?
Normally, Ransomware-like programs tend to infiltrate your system with the help of a Trojan horse. The Trojan horse servers as a means of transport for them and ensures the reaching of the final destination – your computer. Those two buddies can be found together practically anywhere – in torrents, shareware bundles, already contaminated websites, infected text documents. However, the most common way of catching such an annoyance is by opening a contagious spam email or downloading any of its attachments.
Please! It is of extreme importance to also find and remove from your machine the Trojan that accompanies Bart Virus.
Characteristic features of Bart Virus
After this Ransomware has been incorporated into your machine, it starts performing its mainly evil and disturbing activities. What it usually does first is to define which of your files you most usually use. After determining that, it proceeds with encrypting them. In general, it puts those files behind “bars” that can only be opened by a two-component key. The first part of it – the public one, is usually given directly to you. Nevertheless, in order to receive the second component of the key – the private one, you are blackmailed into paying the hackers a ransom.
It is important to mention that it is possible to realize an infection is taking place if you are careful. Often the encryption of so many files takes up an incredibly huge amount of system resources and that may slow down your entire machine. Such a process will in such a case be noticeable at the top of the list in your Task Manager as the program, consuming most RAM and CPU. Rarely as it may happen, in case of such a scenario, shut down the entire system and ask a specialist for help.
More often, the encryption of your favorite or most important data gets revealed only after it has shown the ransom-requesting notification.
Sometimes something even more disturbing could happen – the hackers may pretend to promote an anti-Ransomware program that “is able to magically get rid of the virus”. If you foolishly accept to purchase such software, the situation is only going to become worse.
What we recommend in case of an infection
First of all, paying or choosing not to pay the demanded amount of money is a matter of personal choice. However, in both cases, no one can make a promise to you about taking back the control of your data. It is equally risky to complete the payment or not.
Nonetheless, it is always better to remember that paying the ransom means giving in to the ones who have hijacked your PC and harassed you since then. This can never be a good option. If you compromise with such cyber criminals, their self-esteem and a feeling of power may only increase and motivate them to lock up more and more files and disturb an even bigger number of users. Despite that, Bart Virus is extremely hard to be removed and in case you make such a decision, you should be aware of the fact that it doesn’t mean you will have your data back. If you have made up your mind and made an informed decision, please, go on with implementing the steps from our removal guide below.
Bart Ransomware Virus Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Bart Virus.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Bart Virus.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons Type Bart Virus in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.