In this article we are going to try and help you remove Alex-king@India.com Virus Ransomware. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
Take a look at this article if you don’t want to pay ransom in exchange for your own files!
That’s right, there’s a type of malicious programs known as Ransomware that do exactly that – they lock your files and demand ransom from the victim if they want to have them back. So far, Alex-king@India.com is one of the latest of that type of PC viruses and as such is currently one of the greatest cyber threats out there. Given the fact that you’re currently reading this article there’s a high chance that you’ve already encountered the nasty piece of programming and are seeking aid. That is why, below this article, we have provided our readers with detailed instructions that will guide them through the different steps of removing the Ransomware and restoring their files without the need to pay any money to the hacker. However, keep in mind that this particular type of viruses is notorious for how difficult they are to deal with. Unfortunately, sometimes there’s just no effective method to handle the malicious software and resolve all problems caused by it. This means that even our guide might not be enough to fix everything. Still, it’s surely one of your best options if your files have already been rendered inaccessible by Alex-king@India.com.
We know that most of you are eager to rush straight for the removal guide. However, keep in mind that the Ransomware threat only gets bigger with every single day and the only truly effective way to handle such a security risk is to keep your PC safe and secure from the malicious virus. The best way to ensure your machine is well protected against Alex-king@India.com is to understand how this type of virus works and how it actually enters your PC’s system. Once Ransomware breaches your computer’s defenses it actually copies all your files into identical copies. After this, it deletes the originals. There, however, is something special about the new copies. Though they are identical to your original files, they are all encrypted. An encrypted file cannot be accessed unless you are in possession of a specific code required for the encryption to be read by your PC. Usually the only people who have the code that you need are the creators of the Ransomware. This is actually where the ransom part comes into play. Once the virus is done with its malicious agenda, it displays a message on your screen that says you need to pay a certain amount of money (usually in the form of bitcoins) to the hacker if you want to receive the encryption code. Instructions on how to buy bitcoins and transfer them to the cyber-criminal are usually provided in the message.
- A bit more about bitcoins – this is a cyber currency known for being very hard (nearly impossible) to trace. This enables the blackmailers to retain their full anonymity – one more reason why Ransomware is so widely spread and popular among hackers.
What can one do?
After you’ve seen the message, know that you’re not left with many options. As we already mentioned earlier, one of your best calls would be to give our guide a try and see if it fixes the issue. Some might argue that it would be better to simply pay the ransom. We strongly advise against doing so! Not only is there no guarantee that you’d receive the code for the encryption but also by paying money to a hacker, you’d further encourage them to keep on blackmailing people. Keep in mind that online security specialists are working day and night to come up with remedies for the newly released Ransomware viruses, thus, even if there’s no 100% effective cure for Alex-king@India.com, this might change in a matter of days. Here, on our site, we make sure that we keep our readers up-to-date with the latest Ransomware decryptor tools that can help the victims gain access to the codes they need without having to pay the ransom. Link to the full list of decryptors can be found in the removal guide.
Some useful advice
Make sure that you remember the following tips and stick to them!
- Always have good and updated security software – Ransomware viruses often use other malicious software, for example Trojan Horses, to get inside your system.
- Don’t open suspicious e-mails and stay away from shady sites – those are some of the most commonly exploited methods for Ransomware distribution.
- Keep a back-up of your important files on a separate device such as flash memory or portable hard-drive. Do not attach the device where you’ve backed-up your files to your PC if it behaves oddly – it might be infected by Ransomware and if that is the case, the virus can encrypt the files on any devices you might attach to your PC.
Alex-king@India.com Virus Ransomware Removal
Click here to download
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Alex-king@India.com.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Alex-king@India.com.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Alex-king@India.com in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!