In the following guide, we will attempt to help our readers get the “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED” error solved. There are two methods that we will show you, which can potentially help you fix the irritating issue.
This nagging “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED” error usually occurs when you try to download and/or install updates from either the Windows Update website or the Microsoft Update website. The problem is normally caused by a missing, mismatched or corrupted Msxml.dll that you will need to recover. As with most similar issues with .dll files, it is a bad idea to try to find the specific file and download it. The reason for that is because there are many sketchy and shady sites out there that claim to contain downloadable .dll files. Sometimes, if you are not careful, instead of getting the file that you need, you might instead land some sort of unwanted or even potentially harmful piece of software. Therefore, we advise you to avoid manually downloading any sort of missing files. There’s usually a quicker, more efficient and much safer method for fixing issues such as “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED”.
“0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED” Fix
Fix method 1: Update or re-install Microsoft XML
Usually, once you have updated your Microsoft XML parser, any problems with missing Msxml.dll files should go away and you should no longer get the “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED” error. Here is a brief guide on how to update your Microsoft XML:
- Go to this link to the official Microsoft website – there you can find the latest XML parser version and download it.
- You can also use this list to see all versions that have been made.
- If you want, you can try this link to XML version 4.0. Downloading and installing this should fix the “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED”issue.
- Once you have decided on a specific version, choose a language and click on the download button.
- Check all files and download them.
- Once this is done, open the executable files and follow the prompts for the installation. When everything has been installed, you should no longer have any problem with the aforementioned error.
Fix method 2: Cope the files from a healthy system
If you have another Windows PC at home or you can ask a friend to send you the needed .dll files from their system, you can use this to resolve the “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED” problem. Here is a quick guide on how you can do that.
- Go to My Computer\C:\Windows on the other computer.
- In the folder search bar (top-right) type Msxml3.
- Once the file is found, copy it and send it to the computer with the “0x8007045A ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED”.
- There are a lot of ways to transfer the file, You can use an USB device, send it via e-mail, Skype or even Facebook since the files are pretty small.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for file names Msxml3r and Msxml3a.
- Once you’ve copied all three files, press Winkey+R keys to open the Run window.
- In the search box copy and paste the following line: REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSXML.DLL and hit Enter.
- Repeat step six with lines C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSXML2.DLL and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSXML3.DLL.
- Restart your machine. The error should no longer be a problem.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.