Mole00 Ransomware Virus Removal (+File Recovery)
Welcome to our Mole00 Ransomware Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC for free.
Mole00 Ransomware Virus is a file-encrypting virus from the Ransomware type, which is distributed through various web transmitters. The camouflaged malicious file usually arrives in the form of an email that includes a PDF file, an attachment, some attractive link or advertisement or some plugin. It also can be transmitted with the help of a Trojan horse, a torrent, a compromised installer or some infected web page. Once the user opens or clicks on the harmful payload, the Ransomware is installed and activated in the system. Mole00 Ransomware Virus usually starts an encryption process immediately and targets different file types, which are stored on the computer’s hard drives. To prevent the victims from accessing their files, the threat uses a combination of encryption algorithms and normally attaches a different file extension to each of the encrypted files. When the encryption process is over, a ransom note appears on the screen. The image is usually set up as a picture on the desktop or as a text message. That message informs you about the Mole00 Ransomware Virus System attack and asks the victims to transfer a certain amount of money (in Bitcoins) to regain access to their data. How you can deal with this nasty infection and its consequences is what we are going to talk about in the next paragraphs, so if your computer has been attacked, make sure you read the information that follows and check out the steps in the removal guide below.
Paying the ransom may not save your data!
The experts in the field of Ransomware attacks are often challenged to deal with sophisticated infections like Mole00 Ransomware Virus and their harmful consequences. Many victims simply get panicked when they lose access to their files and instead of seeking professional help or alternatives, they often submit to the hackers’ ransom demands by paying what the crooks want in an attempt to save their files. However, according to security professionals, buying the cyber criminals’ decryption key hides great risks and may only end with a loss of data and money for the victims who pay. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that the cyber criminals will give you access to the Mole00 Ransomware Virus decryption key. In most of the cases, they are only interested in receiving the money and they simply disappear when they get it. That’s why it is not advisable to risk losing a huge amount without even knowing whether you will be able to recover your encrypted data or not. Have in mind that you are dealing with dubious people and after the Ransomware attack you need to focus on removing the virus instead of paying for some “special secret decryption”.
While the malware is on your system, your computer and your privacy are still at risk. If you want to continue to use your machine, you will need to remove Mole00 Ransomware Virus from the system anyway and the sooner you do that, the better. Also, if you use the instructions in the removal guide below, you may still have a chance to save some of your data. Indeed, the Ransomware may be set to delete Shadow Volume copies of encrypted files by executing a special command to make recovery almost impossible without a decryption key. However, if you have a backup you are lucky because this is the only sure way to recover the files after you remove the infection. When your computer is clean, you can also try alternative recovery methods, like the file restoration instructions shown below or wait for an official decryptor to come out.
How to protect your system from this Ransomware?
As we already mentioned in the beginning of this article, Mole00 Ransomware Virus can use various distribution methods. Apart from spam emails and camouflaged tricky attachments, the malware may also be distributed through social networks and file sharing sites. This means that you may get a link from a friend (or stranger) who offers you to view a video or a picture. Before clicking on such links, you must always be sure that they are safe. For example, you might ask your friend if they really sent it. Moreover, this malware can be promoted through useful programs on various P2P networks. If you need to install a program, you should avoid using unfamiliar download sites. Always choose the official developer sites to prevent viruses from getting installed. Also, if you do not expect to get any document or file, you should not open suspicious email attachments. Before opening the attachments, you need to make sure you know the sender and can trust him. Otherwise, remove such emails immediately.
Mole00 Ransomware Virus Removal
Here is what you need to do in order to remove a Ransomware virus from you computer.
I – Reveal Hidden files and folders and utilize the task manager
- Use the Folder Options in order to reveal the hidden files and folders on your PC. If you do not know how to do that, follow this link.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search field type Task Manager.
- Open the first result and in the Processes tab, carefully look through the list of Processes.
- If you notice with the virus name or any other suspicious-looking or that seems to consume large amounts of memory, right-click on it and open its file location. Delete everything in there.
- Make sure that the hidden files and folders on your PC are visible, else you might not be able to see everything.
- Go back to the Task Manager and end the shady process.
II – Boot to Safe Mode
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode. If you do not know how to do it, use this guide/linked/.
III – Identify the threat
- Go to the ID Ransomware website. Here is a direct link.
- Follow there in order to identify the specific virus you are dealing with.
IV – Decrypt your files
- Once you have identified the virus that has encrypted your files, you must acquire the respective tool to unlock your data.
- Open your browser and search for how to decrypt ransomware, look for the name of the one that has infected your system.
- With any luck, you’d be able to find a decryptor tool for your ransomware. If that doesn’t happen try Step V as a last ditch effort to save your files.
V – Use Recuva to restore files deleted by the virus
- Download the Recuva tool. This will help you restore your original files so that you won’t need to actually decrypt the locked ones.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and select Next.
- Now choose the type of files you are seeking to restore and continue to the next page.
- When asked where your files were, before they got deleted, either use the option In a specific location and provide that location or choose the opt for the I am not sure alternative – this will make the program look everywhere on your PC.
- Click on Next and for best results, enable the Deep Scan option (note that this might take some time).
- Wait for the search to finish and then select which of the listed files you want to restore.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.