Welcome to our Clean My Chrome uninstall guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
This article is written to help you fight a program called Clean My Chrome. Practically, the program is a legal browser hijacker, which despite of the fact that it is rather harmless, sometimes may appear to be very annoying because its basic effects include changing the browsers on your computer in different ways:
– by redirecting you to lots of online locations when you simply try to load a desired website and consequently, making your surfing a pretty irritating experience;
– by using them to generate large numbers of pop-up and other ads that your computer might end up severely slowed down by and you couldn’t be able to use it completely;
– by setting new homepages and search engines, which the hijacker is trying to advertise.
Something more, each browser may become a victim of software like this – not only Explorer, but also Opera, Chrome and/or Firefox are not safe. We have mentioned every detail about this kind of software in the next few paragraphs.
Hijackers in action
One of the most common advertising kinds of software is represented by Browser hijackers. Along with Adware, they might be found as unwanted programs with a lot of potential. On the other hand, they do not hurt the PCs they infect in any way whatsoever. In reality, they may just modify every one of your browsers in the already mentioned ways and that’s pretty much all.
What does “advertising software” mean?
Fundamentally, this means that Clean My Chrome and its brothers and sisters are only used for marketing purposes. Actually, they are made ONLY to popularize services, products, search engines, web pages, different software and other goods. Every manufacturer and service provider has worked really hard along with programmers to create legal software that might be good for advertising on the Internet. As a consequence, Adware and browser hijackers came to be. When it comes to these ad-generating programs, all the parties involved benefit from the promotion campaigns. The producers get their goods promoted, and programmers earn enough money, which depends on how effective their Adware and hijacker programs are. The efficiency of the advertising is mostly measured by the number of the redirections and advertisements that are invoked.
Is Clean My Chrome anything like a virus?
When we started the article we mentioned that browser hijackers are legal pieces of software. Every virus is illegal. For example, Ransomware and Trojans are terribly unsafe and might result in a lot of illegal actions, done on/ by your computer. Browser hijackers, on the other hand, cannot inflict any mischievous effects.
How you may end up getting a Clean My Chrome-caused infection
There are experts who think that the ways developers use to spread hijackers might be imbibed as a little doubtful and shady and we are going to illustrate their reasons. Though this type of software is mainly innocuous, no one who uses this type of software wants to be bothered by ads and redirecting, and will not willingly install a program like this on their PCs. On the other hand, this kind of software is legal, so it takes your approval (directly or indirectly) to start being a component of your system.
For that reason program bundles have been created – to distribute hijackers and Adware legitimately by attracting you to install their whole content along with the ad-producing software which is in them. Actually, bundles are free suits of software that anyone can download on the Internet. Usually, they contain different and most of the time exciting games and apps, which you may be interested in using. Although, there is always a snare. If you install a bundle like that with the help of the Easy, the Default or the Automatic installation feature, you will let the whole content of the bundle in, and most probably your machine will be affected by a program like Clean My Chrome. But if instead you conduct an installation process that is secure, you will be free of ad-broadcasting programs. If you want your installation process to be like that, only two options in the setup wizard will be able to help you. One of them is called Advanced, while the other one – Customized. If you use them you have to choose the specific apps, games and program characteristics that you want to include in your system.
Removing and avoiding Clean My Chrome
If you want to fully uninstall Clean My Chrome, you should follow the steps in our Removal Guide. If you want to stay away from software like this in the future, you just have to keep in mind how to perform safe installation processes, and to avoid the other possible sources of hijackers, e.g. torrents, illegal software-sharing web pages, spam and webpage-hosted ads and banners.
Clean My Chrome Uninstall
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
Click here to download
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Clean My Chrome, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Clean My Chrome might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Clean My Chrome, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.