Welcome to our Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
If your Chrome, Firefox, Edge or IE browser is filled with unwanted banners or there’s a new search engine, added toolbars and a changed homepage, then you are likely dealing with an unwanted program called Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus”. This is one example of the infamous Browser Hijacker type of software programs that, once installed onto your computer, invade your browser and implement different changes to it without asking for permission from the user. Here, we will explain to you what the purpose of these programs is and how harmful they are. Additionally, if you are one of the numerous users in search for a way to get rid of the nagging, invasive software, we can help you with that. Simply head down to our guide on how to remove Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus” once you finish reading the article and follow the instructions described there. In the majority of cases, you should be able to deal with the unwanted software yourself by simply executing the steps from the manual. If you run into any trouble with any part of the guide, you can always request our aid down in the comments and we’ll make sure to give you our support on solving the problem.
Can Nbsallastar.com harm your computer? Is it a virus?
It’s not uncommon that people refer to Browser Hijackers as malware due to their intrusive behavior and tendency to execute a number of tasks without the user’s permission. However, a distinction needs to be made between malicious PC viruses like Trojan Horses and Ransomware and Browser Hijackers. Programs like Nbsallastar.com, despite their intrusiveness, are usually not actual security threats. Sure, they might mess up your browser and make it difficult for you to use it, but they normally do not attack your PC system (since this is not their purpose). The main goal of Browser Hijackers is to generate revenue for their creators via online advertising. Internet marketing is huge and a lot of money is made through it. Hijacker developers are simply taking that to the next level by making their products extra nagging and obstructive in order to make sure that they get noticed. Sure, some of those programs are more aggressive and invasive than others, but the end goal stays the same, namely – profit.
Reasons to eliminate Browser Hijackers
Despite the fact that Nbsallastar.com is not some noxious Ransomware or a harmful Trojan horse virus, it surely is not a piece of software that should be allowed to remain on your machine. Even if you think you can put up with your regular search engine being changed with some low-quality one or the new toolbar/s added to your browser, there are still more than enough reasons to remove the Hijacker ASAP. Here are the most important of them:
- Your internet searches might be monitored by the Hijacker without your agreement (or knowledge). This common Browser Hijacker feature allows the program to gather valuable data and later apply it to the ads you are displayed while surfing the web.
- As we said earlier, unwanted programs like Nbsallastar.com are all about aggressive advertising. Therefore, it should not come as a surprise to learn that if you have such software installed on your PC, your browser can get constantly bombarded by different banners, pop-ups and box messages every time you attempt to use it. In those cases it would be pointless to use an ad-blocker since it won’t really remove the cause for the pop-ups.
- On top of everything mentioned so far, your computer might get slowed-down by the Hijacker and even experience temporary freezes or crashes. This is because some Hijackers require high amounts of CPU and RAM for their processes.
Learning how to avoid Browser Hijackers
It is very important that you learn how to prevent any future unwanted programs from getting installed on your PC. Browser Hijackers are very widely spread throughout the internet and you can never know when you are about to run into one. However, if you remember and apply the following guidelines, you can greatly reduce the chance of landing another Hijacker.
- Do not interact with banners or ads that look shady, especially if they are from some obscure file-sharing or torrent site. In fact, you should generally stay away from any suspicious and unreliable websites if you truly want to protect your computer from unwanted software.
- Do not click on sketchy links from online text messages or open any suspicious email letters because they might be spam that carries the Hijacker. Keep in mind that junk mail is likely the most commonly used method for spreading unwanted software.
- When installing new programs, always check the setup wizard for any added contents. If you notice anything suspicious, uncheck it, as it might be some unwanted program like Nbsallastar.com. This software distribution method is known as file-bundling and is one of the most effective ways for spreading Browser Hijackers. Note that in some cases, you will need to opt for the advanced installation option in order to see if and what has been added to the main program (the on you actually want to install.
Nbsallastar.com Ads “Virus” Removal
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Nbsallastar.com, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Nbsallastar.com on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Nbsallastar.com might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Nbsallastar.com, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.