Welcome to our Initial Page 123 Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Initial Page 123 Virus is the reason for a common browsing disturbance to a lot of people. This piece of software reveals its presence on your system by imposing certain changes to your browser like homepage or search engine replacements, or frequent page redirecting and generation of a huge amount of ads, pop-ups, banners and different promotional messages. It doesn’t matter if you are using some popular browser like Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or another, Initial Page 123 Virus can easily integrate with any of them and can impose such potentially unwanted modifications in its settings. Some people find this activity really irritating, but they don’t know what exactly stands behind it – a virus that needs to be removed, or some annoying but harmless ad-generating software. In the next lines, we are going to shed some light on this subject, so take a look at the information that we have prepared, as it may help you eliminate the browsing disturbance, caused by Initial Page 123 Virus.
Initial Page 123 Virus belongs to the constantly growing group of browser hijackers!
There are many programs like Initial Page 123 Virus on the web and they all fall in a software category called browser hijackers. This category defines programs, the main activity of which is focused on the aggressive generation of different sponsored advertisements, pop-ups, banners and web pages for the purposes of the online advertising industry. Initial Page 123 Virus is one such typical representative, which is programmed to implement certain changes in your browser, in order to ensure that every time you open it, you will be exposed to as many ads as possible. Behind this rather intrusive activity usually stands a remuneration model called Pay-Per-Click, which turns every single click on the displayed ads into income. The owners of the program naturally benefit from that, so they have all the interest to expose you to as many popping ads as possible, but on the other side, this can create a constant browsing disturbance to you, which may really make you wish to remove the browser hijacker from your computer.
How can you end up with Initial Page 123 Virus on your system unknowingly?
Unlike viruses and online threats like Ransomware, Trojans and other malware, which can compromise your computer secretly, browser hijackers require the users’ permission to get installed. Normally, people may end up with a browser hijacker like Initial Page 123 Virus on their machine thanks to their negligence. This type of software usually gets delivered to their system from within a software bundle. A bundle is a program setup, which is packed with additional software and can commonly be found on different shareware or freeware platforms, torrent sites, drive-by-downloads, spam or an automatic installation manager. Different free applications, games, optimization programs, players and streaming pages may also contain browser hijackers or some other potentially unwanted software. The users, however, may not be clearly notified about the presence of such additional software inside the setup unless they carefully read the EULA or manually check for it. Most of the time, they just run the bundle through the Quick/Automatic/Standard installation option and then they realize the presence of some unwanted software on their machine. What they may not know is that with a few clicks and a simple customization, they can prevent any bundled browser hijacker from getting installed and the fastest and quickest option for that is the so-called “Advanced” or “Custom”. It gives them full control over every installer and helps them adjust it.
Is Initial Page 123 Virus dangerous to your PC?
Browser hijackers are legally developed pieces of software and they generally are not related to any sort of serious system harm or criminal activity. Still, to some people, Initial Page 123 Virus may really be a source of intolerable annoyance. This program may not only replace your homepage or search engine, expose you to different intrusive ads and pop-ups, and constantly redirect you to different pages, but it may also monitor your web activity and collect “traffic data” for its marketing purposes. That’s why it is not surprising that many users may want to uninstall the browser hijacker from their system as soon as possible. Fortunately, uninstalling Initial Page 123 Virus is not that hard since this program is not a nasty virus or some tricky Trojan or Ransomware threat. You don’t even need a specialist’ help to do that on your own and the only thing you may need is some detailed removal instructions like the ones in the guide below. We suggest you follow them closely, as this will help you identify the browser hijacker and delete its files effectively.
|Name||Initial Page 123|
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Unauthorized modifications in your homepage or search engine, enormous amount of ads, pop-ups and banners.|
|Distribution Method||This program usually gets delivered thanks to a software bundle, but different shareware or freeware platforms, torrent sites, drive-by-downloads, spam or an automatic installation manager may also be sources of a browser hijacker.|
Initial Page 123 Virus Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Initial Page 123 Virus, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Initial Page 123 Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Initial Page 123 Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Initial Page 123 Virus, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.