In this article we are going to try and help you remove the Luckysite 123 “Virus”. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Browser hijackers are a software category that targets all of your browsers – Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and/ or Opera. After this they tend to authorize some irritating changes, such as modifying the homepage and setting a new default search engine; generating a great number of ads (e.g. pop-ups and banners) and initiating various redirections to different sponsored and other pages. The Luckysite 123 “Virus”, the particular piece described in the text you are going to read, represents exactly this software family.
The most likely way to end up infected with Luckysite 123
To be precise, practically everything on the Internet might infect you with browser hijackers. The possible sources include infected websites, contagious torrents, drive-by downloads. Despite the big number of potential carriers of hijackers, only one of them could be blamed for the greatest number of contaminations. This is the creation called a program bundle. Such a software bundle is in fact many various programs mixed and distributed together for free on the web. It could contain newly-developed interesting software such as games; apps; and often – Adware and hijacker-based products. A lot of users might become interested in in the main program in such a software bundle, so they will be willing to download it. Nevertheless, the act of only downloading such a mix doesn’t equal infecting your PC with advertising software.
The real infection process
Contamination could happen only under the following circumstances: in case you install the software from a given bundle by selecting the improper installation option. All the features that do not comprise all the details about the content of the bundle you want to install are not the ones you should go with. Avoid the Quick or the Automatic, the Default or the Easy features of the installation wizard as they may automatically install the entire bundle’s content. For the purpose of ensuring a healthy and stable system, it is recommended that you always choose the Advanced or the Custom wizard options (as they feature a customized installation process, in which you have to select what you really want and install it; or what you don’t want, and leave it behind). Luckily, however, no hijacker has ever been classified as malicious, but most of them are known as potentially unwanted programs. Actual viruses have particular dangerous effects on your PC like crashing the whole system; deleting or corrupting, or even stealing data, folders, programs and account credentials. Luckysite 123 can NEVER do anything like that. This hijacker a marketing-oriented piece of software, whose only intention is to legally advertise web pages, homepages, search engines and/ or various services and products.
Nonetheless, can there be any potentially shady consequences of the infection with Luckysite 123?
Still, browser hijackers are not completely innocent and pure. Of course, they may exhibit show some inexplicable and quite shady-appearing features and may sometimes become the reason for a great amount of irritation. As an illustration, the alteration of your default search engine and homepage could seriously annoy you, in spite of the fact that such changes could only have promoting goals and intentions. What’s more, the possible redirecting to websites you have never wanted to load may indeed be awfully disturbing. We must also mention one rather intrusive characteristic that almost all ad-generating programs may use for their marketing purposes. Most hijacker and Adware-based programs have the ability to access the history records of your browsers and may organize their ad campaigns solely on the basis of the results of such shady research. The pop-ups and banners that may be produced later could only contain products and services you have recently been looking up online. These quite suspicious activities of the popular versions of browser hijackers have earned them the reputation of potentially unwanted software.
What could you do to successfully remove Luckysite 123?
There could be many potential solutions when it comes to removing this browser hijacker. For instance, you may find it wise to follow the tips inside the Removal Guide below on this page. All of the instructions there have been especially prepared for dealing with such contamination. Of course, you may find it plausible to resort to our specialized removal tool, as it will do all the work for you and is guaranteed not to delete essential system files.
Luckysite 123 Removal
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Luckysite 123 or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Luckysite 123 From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Luckysite 123 and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Luckysite 123 From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Luckysite 123 From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.